VCU Media Mentions

VCU|UNCfan.

Elite Member
So since we have been getting a lot of media attention lately, it's been pretty hard for me to keep up with everyone mentioning VCU. I check sports writers Twitters often and I love to see VCU represented. I thought some other people, especially those that don't use Twitter, would like to see the Rams being shown love too.

So if you see anything (articles, tweets, videos, whatever) feel free to post! I just wanted to keep up with it all and a bunch of individual threads would be hard to keep track of. That way if you wanna refer back to stuff you can.

So since we have been getting a lot of media attention lately, it's been pretty hard for me to keep up with everyone mentioning VCU. I check sports writers Twitters often and I love to see VCU represented. I thought some other people, especially those that don't use Twitter, would like to see the Rams being shown love too.

So if you see anything (articles, tweets, videos, whatever) feel free to post! I just wanted to keep up with it all and a bunch of individual threads would be hard to keep track of. That way if you wanna refer back to stuff you can.
new threads excite me though

I'm not on twitter but I just stalk districtballer twitter. I know it sounds a little creepy :twisted::oops: but he does a really good job of reweeting all of the media's VCU basketball related tweets.

Five emerging matchup nightmares

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...emerged-matchup-nightmares-college-basketball

Briante Weber, Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Despite being inconsistent offensively and shooting only 41.8 percent from the field and 30.4 from 3-point range, Weber is a player that opponents dread facing. He is a perfect fit for VCU's "havic" style of basketball, and is as good an on-ball defender as there is in college basketball (in 20 minutes per game, he averages 3.6 steals). He also possesses excellent anticipation, which helps off the ball as well.

Weber pushes offenses out and forces them outside of their comfort zone. A coach preparing for the Rams must spend time not only preparing for full-court pressure, but also find ways to free up his best player against one of the top lockdown defenders in college basketball. Offensive players going against Weber often get frustrated. This results in questionable shot selection which, like a turnover, can help fuel the Rams' transition game.

Back