VCU perplexed at NIT exclusion

Andy loves delivering bad news.... jk
I hope Shaver and crew wipe the floor with the Tar Heels.
 
VCU4LIFE said:
Andy might get his hand slapped with a ruler for posting an entire article.

or dragged into Federal Court and fined thousands and thousands of dollars
 
morrisar said:
VCU4LIFE said:
Andy might get his hand slapped with a ruler for posting an entire article.

I cited not only the link, but also the author...

Not acceptable. Still considered a copyright violation. RTD is paid based on web hits to their site. When you post the entire article here, they're not getting the hits. It will be edited shortly.
 
xjohnx said:
Not acceptable. Still considered a copyright violation. RTD is paid based on web hits to their site. When you post the entire article here, they're not getting the hits. It will be edited shortly.

John, when are you ever going to get a life. ;) :lol:
 
He's right about this morrisar... it's not a matter of plagiarism-type rules, it's copyright law. You can do excerpted quotes, and provide your own criticism/commentary, and then it's probably ok under Fair Use, but a flat-out copy and paste is a no-no.
 
I am not sure why the AD is so perplexed. I made comments on this site days ago that NU had a better resume, as I didn't get the thoughts that we were a lock. The NIT is only taking so many teams from a single mid-major conference.

The RPI was OK, we have some good wins too. But we have NO good wins on the road. Hofstra being the best I think. Most of the "big" games we won at home diminished over the course of the year as the teams faltered (OU, URI). UR was the the only standout win - - and it was at home. Furthermore, winning @ 60% of your games in the CAA (only 3 out of 8 games against the top 4)and finishing in 5th place is not impressive at all for selection committees. It wasn't impressive to me and I love the Rams!

Oh well, support the guys and hope we do better next year.
 
Who cares? NIT, CBI, CIT.....they are all the same in that they are not the NCAA Tournament.

Just look at it as more experience for Shaka and our younger players
 
i would have been happy with a NIT game. Another chance to play in front of a national audience and agaisnt some "BCS" opponents we may not have the chance at scheduling otherwise.
 
It’s a tough pill to swallow that our conference record is what hurt us this year. I'd trade two of those OOC wins for two more wins in the CAA.
 
bottom line for teams is they get to say "we made the post-season" - its right on the front page of the VCU website...Rams in post-season for 6th time in 7 years...you can spin it any way you want to make it sound good. Its a recruiting tool...you tell recruits..."well we made the post-season again this year"...

In July when all of the coaches go out on the road to recruit and they tell kids they made the post-season, 99% of the kids wont even remember who was in the NIT vs. the CIT vs. the CBI..heck they may not even recall who made the NCAA...(other than the obvious big schools like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky etc...)

Its strictly for recruiting and to get more practice time for the players...that's why there are so many bowl games now in college football...gives the schools an extra month of practice after the regular season is over..
 
D-Hoesevelt said:
It’s a tough pill to swallow that our conference record is what hurt us this year. I'd trade two of those OOC wins for two more wins in the CAA.

You are right. We had our best OOC record in history against some very good teams and were in the top half of the league yet in the end that OOC record did absolutely nothing for us. It seems like we can either win the CAA tourney and get an autobid in the NCAA tourney as an 11-13 seed or we can win the regular season and get the NIT autobid as a 4or5 seed no matter what else happens.
 
wavevcu said:
bottom line for teams is they get to say "we made the post-season" - its right on the front page of the VCU website...Rams in post-season for 6th time in 7 years...you can spin it any way you want to make it sound good. Its a recruiting tool...you tell recruits..."well we made the post-season again this year"...

In July when all of the coaches go out on the road to recruit and they tell kids they made the post-season, 99% of the kids wont even remember who was in the NIT vs. the CIT vs. the CBI..heck they may not even recall who made the NCAA...(other than the obvious big schools like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky etc...)

Its strictly for recruiting and to get more practice time for the players...that's why there are so many bowl games now in college football...gives the schools an extra month of practice after the regular season is over..


Not entirely true, you can still hold "practice" until the National Championship game is played regardless of if your team is still playing or not!
 
Back
Top