VCU playing @ Wake Forrest Next Year

The drawback is having to deal with Wake Forest fans leading up to the game. On a par with Duke as the worst opponent fan base I can remember dealing with. Talked so much smack before that 2004 game and got humbled big time.

Mistachill said:
The drawback is having to deal with Wake Forest fans leading up to the game. On a par with Duke as the worst opponent fan base I can remember dealing with. Talked so much smack before that 2004 game and got humbled big time.

I'll take that and a game vs a good/great team vs polite fans from some dreg

Mistachill said:
Talked so much smack before that 2004 game and got humbled big time.

After our successes the last 3 years, I'm sure they won't be talking as much trash as they did in 2004. They'd be foolish to underestimate us.

Our little section of VCU fans @ Wake for the NIT game was right next to their students...great atmosphere...we were right in the corner next to them...those black and gold tie dye shirts are pretty impressive. We led that game in the 2nd half i believe. Renardo Dixon had a good game and had a monster slam to start the 2nd half on a set play drawn up by capel. We gave them a real good run. It was a LOT closer than the final score. I think they were ranked in the top 10 around that time. Its a fun trip and definitely worth it...funny we barely got there because we had to go to OT to beat American at home which we thought was a slam dunk in the 1st round. everyone looked past them to the rematch w/wake. Andre Ingram lit us up for a bunch of threes in the 1st round game...wow. tough that we have to play them in the first round ! Oh well. its a fun trip and well worth the drive !

wavevcu said:
Our little section of VCU fans @ Wake for the NIT game was right next to their students...great atmosphere...we were right in the corner next to them...those black and gold tie dye shirts are pretty impressive. We led that game in the 2nd half i believe. Renardo Dixon had a good game and had a monster slam to start the 2nd half on a set play drawn up by capel. We gave them a real good run. It was a LOT closer than the final score. I think they were ranked in the top 10 around that time. Its a fun trip and definitely worth it...funny we barely got there because we had to go to OT to beat American at home which we thought was a slam dunk in the 1st round. everyone looked past them to the rematch w/wake. Andre Ingram lit us up for a bunch of threes in the 1st round game...wow. tough that we have to play them in the first round ! Oh well. its a fun trip and well worth the drive !

I made a post a while ago about how I wish we would give all of the students in our students section matching t-shirts, I think it would only add to the atmosphere in the Stu. Although I also stated that the students should turn those shirts in at the end of the game, to save some valuable VCU money (scrilla, dough, cash, green, lettuce, cabbage, bread, etc) except in games where students would receive a free t-shirt anyways. Hopefully our students would appreciate this privilege and not take advantage of it by stealing the shirts...

I'm not sure how well wearing shirts previously worn by people you may not know (some of which i'm sure may have been sweating profusely after two halfs cheering for the RAMS) will be received by many of the students in attendence

ramfan88 said:
I'm not sure how well wearing shirts previously worn by people you may not know (some of which i'm sure may have been sweating profusely after two halfs cheering for the RAMS) will be received by many of the students in attendence

Ever been to a Hospital, or played soccer or football in gym class? Those scrubs and pennies were likely previously worn, and washed. True fans shouldn't care, as long as they've been washed.

Whoooosh said:
Ever been to a Hospital, or played soccer or football in gym class? Those scrubs and pennies were likely previously worn, and washed. True fans shouldn't care, as long as they've been washed.
e

I've done all of this and got staff from a penny i used in basketball practice which led to me going to the hospital lol so i got two out in one shot :lol: and i'm not saying the idea may not work. All i'm doing is stating my opinion that either many will be stolen or no one will be willing to wash 1000+ shirts after every game. What may have started out as an idea with great intentions may just turn out to be a hassell. The best option to me is just to have designated white, black, and gold out games and on those nights hand out shirts to the first students to arrive and also have those same shirts for sale for those who arrive late and for the non-student fans to purchase

Yeah, buy shirts at cost and sell them for no profit.

As for wearing rewashed shirts that can be handed out at games... no way in a million years. I have what is essentially no immune system. So, I wouldn't do it. But that isn't to say lot's of people might be into that idea. I just like that everybody is trying to think of ways to better the program.

MarcusNation said:

As for wearing rewashed shirts that can be handed out at games... no way in a million years. I have what is essentially no immune system. So, I wouldn't do it. But that isn't to say lot's of people might be into that idea. I just like that everybody is trying to think of ways to better the program.

All valid points, but if we were to do black out and gold out games, there needs to far more coordination than we have seen recently. I remember an email last year about the Black Out for GMU, but aside from that i don't remember any mention of wearing school colors to games in the RamNotes emails or any other emails. Do they let you hang signs in the lobbies of the dorm buildings? Or maybe they could show something about the games on the TV screens they have in the business building...

I stay decked out head to toe in black and gold regardless, as do many of my friends, but we're a different breed of VCU fan...

*EDIT: Although I'm pretty sure I'm about eight levels below this guy...Enjoy, I guess. If that's what you do with this sort of thing, I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMlNW5w-50

Whoooosh said:
MarcusNation said:

All valid points, but if we were to do black out and gold out games, there needs to far more coordination than we have seen recently. I remember an email last year about the Black Out for GMU, but aside from that i don't remember any mention of wearing school colors to games in the RamNotes emails or any other emails. Do they let you hang signs in the lobbies of the dorm buildings? Or maybe they could show something about the games on the TV screens they have in the business building...

I stay decked out head to toe in black and gold regardless, as do many of my friends, but we're a different breed of VCU fan...

*EDIT: Although I'm pretty sure I'm about eight levels below this guy...Enjoy, I guess. If that's what you do with this sort of thing, I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMlNW5w-50
The blackout last year was done on very short notice, and I was very surprised to see how well it turned out. The gold towels were a nice touch as well. Even on short notice with no shirt giveaways most of the student sections were in black and a lot of the rest of the crowd as well. I would like to see a blackout and a goldout every year, especially when we have games on ESPN2. I thought the goldout in the bracketbuster game against Bradley a couple of years ago was great. It helps to create a big game atmosphere when the stakes are high but we are not playing an opponent we have a lot history with. Of course it should be common sense to wear VCU gear or VCU colors to all other games, but once people come and see how much fun the people in black and gold are having I am sure they will want to join in.

Back