VCU playing @ Wake Forrest Next Year

Mercury

Elite Member
Per RTD notes

When it comes to scheduling, Smart said he is more inclined to go after a home-and-home series with high-major teams. He doesn't consider two games on the road in exchange for one at home "good math" but said he would consider it.

"One of the things you'll see from us is aggressively searching out opportunities to play BCS teams in a home-and-home series," he said. "I don't want to guarantee that . . . but I think we'll be able to find some of those.

"The other great opportunity to play some of those upper-echelon teams is in exempt tournaments. Starting with next year, we'll be in one of those every year. Next year, we're in the preseason NIT. Unfortunately, it won't be a neutral game. We'll be playing at Wake Forest. But there's opportunities with other BCS teams after that."

Smart said the Rams "are talking to some people in BCS leagues that may potentially play home and home."

"I wish I had it in stone," he said, "but we're not at that point yet." - Tim Pearrell

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sport ... 04/300377/

Wow!!! That ought to have Skeen fired up! Can't wait for that one!

Our future looks bright my friends!

I am glad this got leaked early. This gives Pav over a year to organize the bus trip. I am sure Skeen will be fired up for this one. Any chance that Larry really wants to play @ Wake Forrest? We could end up with a big schedule next year. Maybe we will even start the Alabama series.

Good to see us thinking seriously about home-and-home series and playing top-notch schools. This is a real change in attitude by VCU about scheduling.

It's about time we got the revenge game. Chris Paul barely got them out alive last time. :evil: :x

MarcusNation said:
It's about time we got the revenge game. Chris Paul barely got them out alive last time. :evil: :x

It was Justin Grey's three consecutive threes after the under 4 TO that turned a 7 point lead into a 2 point deficit. Chris Paul was solid, but those were daggers.

DickLawRam said:
MarcusNation said:

It was Justin Grey's three consecutive threes after the under 4 TO that turned a 7 point lead into a 2 point deficit. Chris Paul was solid, but those were daggers.

Very good point. Besides Chris Paul was put on lock-down by a young Bobby Anthony.

MarcusNation said:
DickLawRam said:
MarcusNation said:

Very good point. Besides Chris Paul was put on lock-down by a young Bobby Anthony.

Alex Harper had a lot to do with that last time we played down there too....

I'll believe in a home and home game with a BCS oppponent when I literally see it on an official schedule...Home/Home-Away may be "bad math"....but that's the medicine we have to take considering how succesful we've been and how weak the bottom of the CAA is. These BCS coaches don't want to take any chances agains an upper non-BCS school. Just look at Syracuse's Home schedule the last couple of years

The 'Cuse has played 40 OOC games the last three seasons
6 were at Madison Square Garden (pre-season NIT)
3 were away from the Dome (at UVA, Canisus, and ranked Memphis)
The rest were all at home (including 2 at a Nuetral Site....in a tourney @ the Carrier Dome :lol: )

It would be nice four our guys to go down there and hand Travis McKie a nice loss.

Too bad Larry will probably playing in "the leage" at that point...our team would be INSANE next year if he were to somehow stick around....

MarcusNation said:

Actually we did get a revenge game the next year after losing to Wake Forest in the NCAA's. We played Wake Forest @ Wake in the second round of the Preseason NIT and lost 81-67.

Yeah, but I don't count that as a revenge game, because we lost. ha.

Revenge games end with a win for me.

Games we lose are just crappy games to me.

Back