VCU vs Oklahoma: So the hype already begins

Chatter is already starting to build up for this upcoming basketball season and VCU is getting its fair share of praise and attention:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab,195507

Oklahoma's 2009-2010's toughest games: at VCU, vs. Arkansas, vs. Arizona, at Utah, at Gonzaga

In one way, Jeff Capel takes after his old coach and mentor, Mike Krzyzewski, when it comes to non-conference scheduling. Like Coach K, Capel apparently sees the value in setting up tough tests for his team before conference play begins.

This year Oklahoma will travel to Utah, Gonzaga and VCU (where Capel coached prior to coming to the Sooners). That VCU game could be a fun one and should introduce Rams forward Larry Sanders to the nation.

Sadly, I'll be in Africa during that time and won't be able to see the game :( :cry:

Any word on TV for this game? Should atleast make ESPNU if not the deuce

We were in the NCAA last year playing UCLA. I think Larry has already been introduced to the nation.

Those have to be OU's toughest games OOC right? Otherwise they're missing a lot.

Also, I see Maynor in the banner... cool.

Well I know that coming into our place is going to be one of the loudest places that Oklahoma will have to play in this year. Our students and alumni will use the Cookman game as a test run to get our vocals ready for the Oklahoma game. Capel is going to get it from the time Oklahoma steps on the court from the Rowdy Rams and I can't wait to hear us get on him. Capel knows how bad it can be coming into our arena as an opponent and this time will receive his first hazing as one of our opponents.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how PAV will heckle him. I can't imagine what he has in store for old JC3, but am looking forward to it!

DCRAM said:
Chatter is already starting to build up for this upcoming basketball season and VCU is getting its fair share of praise and attention:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab,195507

Oklahoma's 2009-2010's toughest games: at VCU, vs. Arkansas, vs. Arizona, at Utah, at Gonzaga

In one way, Jeff Capel takes after his old coach and mentor, Mike Krzyzewski, when it comes to non-conference scheduling. Like Coach K, Capel apparently sees the value in setting up tough tests for his team before conference play begins.

This year Oklahoma will travel to Utah, Gonzaga and VCU (where Capel coached prior to coming to the Sooners). That VCU game could be a fun one and should introduce Rams forward Larry Sanders to the nation.

Sadly, I'll be in Africa during that time and won't be able to see the game :( :cry:

I am not sure what you are going to do in Africa, DCRAM, but having attending nearly every home game since 1968, I might consider taking your place (especially if it's in the realm of business or higher education!). Enjoy.

Norwood Teague told the retired faculty yesterday that the game is nearly sold out.

ram4life said:
I am not sure what you are going to do in Africa, DCRAM, but having attending nearly every home game since 1968, I might consider taking your place (especially if it's in the realm of business or higher education!). Enjoy.

Norwood Teague told the retired faculty yesterday that the game is nearly sold out.
Good to hear that the mini-packages are selling well...

I couldn't get passed the picture at the top...E-man forever...

blogtitle_f_thedagger.gif

Need to correct myself. The Oklahoma game has not sold out. The public seats have not gone on sale; just season tickets and package tickets (Oklahoma plus a couple other games).

ram4life said:
Need to correct myself. The Oklahoma game has not sold out. The public seats have not gone on sale; just season tickets and package tickets (Oklahoma plus a couple other games).

And once the public seats are available...I expect ALL of the tickets to be gone within 2 days. :D
This is the biggest non-conference game coming to us and hope that VCU brings their A+++ game to the Sooners.

Kazie said:
And once the public seats are available...I expect ALL of the tickets to be gone within 2 days. :D
This is the biggest non-conference game coming to us and hope that VCU brings their A+++ game to the Sooners.

Curious to see what people try to get for those online... I imagine the scalpers are gonna try and be all over this one

Q. I hate to look ahead, but November 21st is kind of a special game for you guys. You face Virginia Commonwealth. What are your thoughts on that game?
COACH CAPEL: You kind of threw me off when you said the date. I didn't know what that was about. Coaches don't look that far ahead. You know, I'm excited about it. Obviously, VCU is and always will be a special place to me. You know, my plight to becoming a head coach is way different than anyone that I've ever even heard of and incredibly unique, and it's all because of that place, because they believed in me. They saw something in me when I didn't -- wasn't even looking for it at the time. Now it's different now because some of those people aren't there. The athletic director that hired me is not there anymore. The president that hired me is not there anymore. The players that I coached when I was there, there's only one left, and he redshirted my last year there. So it is different, but the fans are the same. I know it's going to be a rowdy environment. And it's a very tough place to play. And they'll have a really good team. But, you know, it's a game we have to play. Hopefully, it's a game we win. I'm going there to win. I'm not going there for a homecoming. I'm going there to try to get a win. We can do homecoming stuff afterwards. If we win.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102209aab.html

Back