VCU’s Sanders weighs NBA decision

Very interesting, must read, article. Provides a lot of information about how Larry feels his season went and how the NBA talk affected his game. Larry is quoted as saying that if he enters then he is staying in, so we should know for sure if he is coming back or not in less than a month (April 25th).

I wonder if the dollar signs won't outweigh the advantages of a fourth year at VCU. In either case, I wish him the very best.

If he declares, he said, he does not intend to withdraw. He would have until May 8 to do that and be eligible to return to school. The draft is June 24.

"I'm not going to test the waters," he said.

This quote tells me its a done deal.

xjohnx said:
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_basketball/article/VCUB29_20100328-220205/333651/

Sometime this week, after Virginia Commonwealth University plays two or three games against Saint Louis and the champion of the College Basketball Invitational is crowned, the Rams' season will end and they will think about the future.

And Larry Sanders will think about his.

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

This young man probably has felt like Atlas at times during this season. What ever his final decision is, I just hope its the best one for the long term for Larry. Best of luck.

I think Larry Sanders did an awesome job of tellings us all that he had his good moments and his bad. "I was trying to relax". That is how he described his lax nights. I'm pretty proud of the article. Well done Larry!

it would be interesting to see the list of players competing with Larry
#1 pick John Wall?
Does Larry go higher than say Sylvan Landesberg? early signs indicated LS should, has this changed?
Who decides to go early due to the pending owners v players food fight?
Of those who get flushed out early (those players that would have not declared early) are any ahead of LS, pushing him deeper in the draft?
IS there a chance LS doesnt get drafted at all? Doesnt seen likely as he is listed in the high teens in most mock drafts

Tough situation for a young man. ANd for the coaching staff as well, whom I assume are in an advisory position. Good luck Larry, I sincerely hope that whatever you decide it works out well for you!

im sick and tired of hearin this on ramnation and around campus especially when the season is still not over. I like the vcu basketball but not the Larry Sanders Soap Opra.. he will make a decision..

I personally find the whole "will he stay or will he go?" drama the most annoying. The sooner he makes his decision the sooner all this drama ends and everyone can move on. There has been way too many threads concerning what LS1's decision will be and the season ain't even over.

RRR said:
I personally find the whole "will he stay or will he go?" drama the most annoying. The sooner he makes his decision the sooner all this drama ends and everyone can move on. There has been way too many threads concerning what LS1's decision will be and the season ain't even over.

I sincerely hope that "drama" inside the heads of fans is not even on the lists of pros and cons being considered by Larry, his family, and all those advising him. As for how it might affect the team internally, I can see it being one of many considerations, but only one of many. But keeping us in suspense shouldn't even be on the radar.

I would love to have Larry stay but my logic says the he goes...hope I am wrong :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

SPI-DA1 said:
I would love to have Larry stay but my logic says the he goes...hope I am wrong :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

I don't know, I think I'm in the boat of let's just wash our hands of this. I love Larry and wish him ALL the success in the world. When we was happy on the floor and playing carefree he was at his best! But did Larry single handily win us any games during his time here? Of course he contributed many times, and was unstoppable many times. But has he ever put this team on his back and said coming guys, I'll lead us to victory? No, he hasn't.

Like I've said, we are going to miss the heck out of him on the defensive end next year. It wasn't just his shot blocking skills that we'll miss, but the shot altering. We'll have to replace that. But on the offensive end, especially this year, he attempted to do way more than he is currently capable of. Imagine taking all of his poor offensive choices this year and turning HALF of those into points... He was under a lot of pressure and I know it was tough. But he wasn't necessarily playing team ball all the time.

Once again, I love Larry and wish him success in whatever he decides.

The one thing that is amazing to to me is how we love our coaches when they are on board. As we all know Shaka can do know wrong. Hate em when they leave. However, when it comes to our players we are all ready to through them under the bus quickly.

We seem to forget it is the players not these coaches who like us are linked for life to VCU and the program.

If Larry what's to play this out, I say why not it keeps us in the papers. Keeps reminding recruits that VCU is a viable choice for someone who has pro aspirations, and that E. Maynor wasnt a fluke.

Larry was never going to be what most of you wanted. A taller version of Maynor. However, he could have been better had he focused on rebounding, defense, and shot blocking. As to those of you who think Landesburg has more upside. Think again. SF, and SG's are a dime a dozen. Only the truly special even rate. See LJames, Kobe etc.

As to for 6'9" agile, long armed power forwards who can jump well they dont come around very often. Larry will be just fine and he has earned the right to take his time with his decision.

The one thing that is amazing to to me is how we love our coaches when they are on board. As we all know Shaka can do know wrong. Hate em when they leave. However, when it comes to our players we are all ready to through them under the bus quickly.

this is incredibly misguided and just plain silly. hate to break it to ya, but most every fan in most every sport will be quick to turn on a coach who leaves their team/program. it's not unique to us. that's sports.

the whole "shaka can do know [sic] wrong" line is old and tired. most everyone on this board has shared criticisms of our coach at some point. some are louder than others, and it is their right to be. quit pretending otherwise.

as for throwing players under the bus. i have no idea where you got that from or what you are even getting at. maybe a couple individuals are quick to judge a player, but not most, and certainly not all.

Back