Vince Williams - NBA Thread

When is our guy Zach going to write something about Vince? Or does the paper have him filling too many roles/beats these days?

If it was a Richmond player who had just signed a real NBA contract and had the month that Vince had, there would have at least one feature story and several mentions in the Notes section of the fodder that JOC puts out.

When is our guy Zach going to write something about Vince? Or does the paper have him filling too many roles/beats these days?

If it was a Richmond player who had just signed a real NBA contract and had the month that Vince had, there would have at least one feature story and several mentions in the Notes section of the fodder that JOC puts out.
UR fans probably still actually pay for the paper delivery to be fair.

In the month of January Vince played in 12 games, resulting in 7 wins most of which the Grizzlies were underdogs. Vince scored 20 or more points 3 times topping out at a career high 25.

He was in double digits 9x. Had 1 double, double, while averaging 14.8, 6.5, 3.3 assists on nearly 51% shooting overall and 46.9 from 3.
Plus his D during that period was at the very least in the top 5-7 off them league often drawing compliments from his opponents.

Not bad for a 2nd round guy who just signed his first NBA contract.

He truly epitomized the “next man up” mentality and was absolutely Ram Tough.

I know some of our fans wont like this:

But man come on Gilyard dont let Pippen Jr. take your minutes and potential contract. I like the Richmond /Henrico connection on the Grizz.

And enjoy it in the sunroom with a glass of prune juice, just as soon as Jenkins finishes setting a proper crease to it with the iron
I still pay for the paper, have gotten it pretty much non stop since 1979 when I started working at Media General (parent company). Now, I’m at work before it’s delivered I usually enjoy it afterwards on the back deck with a cold one🍺

Back in the day was an actual F500 company.
/Then the internet happened.

I have always respected Gilyard's basketball IQ. He's gonna find himself with some guaranteed money too if he keeps this up.
They don't keep him out there for long at all, but he does find his groove. Meanwhile, twitter continues spewing crap about him. He is helping them.

Morgan Freeman courtside (you'll see him in a white cap, at least they showed him on pregame).
Born and raised in Memphis, he's there seeing someone special starting tonight.

Untitled-1.jpg

Gilyard and Vince out here dropping bombs on the warriors, got Curry so pissed he's getting ready to get T'ed up according to commentators. TUNE INTO NBA TV
EDIT: actually Kerr also got unwound and took the T himself, but they should have T'd both up.

Back