walk ons and redshirts

rammad90

Elite Member
Is it possible that one or more of these guys could be walk ons and receive either massive financial aid due to financial situation or academics?

Also, shouldn't we consider red-shirting at least one of these new comers. Brandeburg, and the tall kid from California most likely will not play much next year. Why waste the year.

Over the years this could have been used for guys like Lamar Taylor, Jamal Shuler, and Troy Daniels. All good guys who wasted a year due to either better players directly in front of them or in Lamar's case injury.

We have redshirted guys like TJ, and the big guy at the end of the bench. However, neither of those guys were/are impact players. Lamar Taylor, Shu, and Daniels in my opinion would have been better served sitting out the first year. Imagine last years team with Shu in the back court.

Also, I know this has been brought up before. However, are all these guys coming? Has anyone heard anything?

Ram it home said:
I would like to see us redshirt at least 1 incoming freshman

if larry comes back and veal comes i think haley would be a good guy to think about redshirting for a year, but we will see what shaka decides

mwalvlior said:
Ram it home said:

if larry comes back and veal comes i think haley would be a good guy to think about redshirting for a year, but we will see what shaka decides

First, I think it is quite obvious Larry is not coming back. That ship has sailed. Second, we need to get these guys signed before we start talking about who needs to red shirt. My guess is this team's roster for next year is still changing.

Wolfpack Ram said:
mwalvlior said:
Ram it home said:

First, I think it is quite obvious Larry is not coming back. That ship has sailed. Second, we need to get these guys signed before we start talking about who needs to red shirt. My guess is this team's roster for next year is still changing.

these guys are not Luke Cothron who committed way before a signing period and then refused to sign the line, they just committed and the period starts in 4 weeks. Could things change, sure, they could as was my fear with Reco going into the fall period and i guess we will find that out starting April 14.

rammad90 said:
Is it possible that one or more of these guys could be walk ons and receive either massive financial aid due to financial situation or academics?

Also, shouldn't we consider red-shirting at least one of these new comers. Brandeburg, and the tall kid from California most likely will not play much next year. Why waste the year.

Over the years this could have been used for guys like Lamar Taylor, Jamal Shuler, and Troy Daniels. All good guys who wasted a year due to either better players directly in front of them or in Lamar's case injury.

We have redshirted guys like TJ, and the big guy at the end of the bench. However, neither of those guys were/are impact players. Lamar Taylor, Shu, and Daniels in my opinion would have been better served sitting out the first year. Imagine last years team with Shu in the back court.

Also, I know this has been brought up before. However, are all these guys coming? Has anyone heard anything?

A redshirt on Troy this year would have been great! I can see us redshirting Rob next year too or DJ. It's something we do not utilize enough and we get stuck with HUGE classes.

Back