We have 2 scholarships left according to Allen Payne

districtballer

Elite Member
http://www.ohshoops.com/

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Payne not shook by latest commit
Allen Payne (6'6/2010) wing forward of Cincinnati Winton Woods still says Virginia Commonwealth is first choice despite Reco McCarter (6'6/2010) wing forward of Wayne County Day School (Goldsboro, NC) committing to VCU on Monday.

"They are still my top choice," Payne said. "They still have two open spots, but I am going to wait until after the Auburn visit to make my decision."

Payne will visit Auburn on October 15th.

If he says so, then the coaching staff must have told him that is the case. It would also explain why we're still pursuing Bradley, Basabe, and Lalanne as well. The coaching staff knows what they are doing...if this is the case, we have a shot at getting some very big-time players in with the 2 scholarship spots available. Reco McCarter is a stud and Brandenberg is apparently a big-time sleeper that had almost the entire MAC conference offer him a scholarship as well as perennial powerhouse Butler. This could be one of the top recruiting classes we've had at VCU.

MICHAEL BRADLEY...
HF_WeWantYou.png

2qiy0zl.png

DB doesnt read other threads apparently lol

WE WANT BRADLEY!!!!

Mercury said:

WE WANT BRADLEY!!!!

Haha...I read it. I just thought it warranted it's own thread. This is pretty big news don't you think?

districtballer said:
Mercury said:

WE WANT BRADLEY!!!!

Haha...I read it. I just thought it warranted it's own thread. This is pretty big news don't you think?

who cares

WE WANT BRADLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah it probably did warrant its own thread...I just wanted to crack a jokeski

and say

WE WANT BRADLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICH-AEL
BRAD-LY
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP

MICH-AEL
BRAD-LY
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP

MICH-AEL
BRAD-LY
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP

Lets not forget, this is a 17-18 year old. Wouldn't take his word as the gospel, but it definitely adds a new twist to this year's recruiting. If true I would love to know how this is possible. Maybe the Times-Dispatch will look into this...yeah, I know, I was just kidding. They only investigate important stuff like broken door incidents.

Mistachill said:
Lets not forget, this is a 17-18 year old. Wouldn't take his word as the gospel, but it definitely adds a new twist to this year's recruiting. If true I would love to know how this is possible. Maybe the Times-Dispatch will look into this...yeah, I know, I was just kidding. They only investigate important stuff like broken door incidents.

And the U of R offensive line eating dinner at Olive Garden.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10390866

Anyone remember this case? We were convinced we were going to get Florida guard Marcus Capers because Washington State was out of scholarships. Then one of the senior guards (Taylor Rochestie) whose family was well-off, decided to give up his scholarship so that Wash. St. could sign Capers. This is not at all against the rules and I can't help but wonder that this might be what is happening with us right now. Perhaps a guy like Joey whose family is also well-off. That is pure speculation, but it has been done before.

districtballer said:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10390866

Anyone remember this case? We were convinced we were going to get Florida guard Marcus Capers because Washington State was out of scholarships. Then one of the senior guards (Taylor Rochestie) whose family was well-off, decided to give up his scholarship so that Wash. St. could sign Capers. This is not at all against the rules and I can't help but wonder that this might be what is happening with us right now. Perhaps a guy like Joey whose family is also well-off. That is pure speculation, but it has been done before.

That could work, all our new recruits all seem to have excellent grades couldn't we put one on an Academic scholarship for a year?

One heck of a recruiting angle, we got a guy who will pay his own way if you sign with us

heck, if Basabe was so interested in Ivy league schools, he may already have the grades to come in under an academic.

Payne adds another
Allen Payne (6'6/2010) wing forward of Cincinnati Winton Woods received an offer from Auburn.

He will be visiting Auburn on October 15th.

From the ohio hoops blog. Didn't know if this was covered yet, but Payne now has an offer on the table from Auburn after their in-home visit last Wednesday.

Back