We have 2 scholarships left according to Allen Payne

VCU Finance 2008 said:
districtballer said:
wavevcu said:
Exactly what does that mean ?? We DID recruit him. We brought him to campus for a visit. We saw him play at the nike peach jam in july in georgia. We recruited him HARD. He is a skilled big man with a lot of potential. He is academically qualified. Please clarify. Clearly you must know something that none of us do ?

I really don't. xjohnx might know. That's really all I heard. I also find it hard to believe we passed on a top 30 pf...I suspect it might just be spin from the AD. We have no reason to say no to a guy like Bradley. That said I feel better now with Reco in the fold. Hopefully we can get some of these other targets as well. My gut tells me Anthony probably just like Temple better.
We said no to Bradley?!?!?!? #%&$!

:oops: :oops: :oops: My bad...I meant Lee. Sorry for any myocardial infarctions anyone might have suffered.

a lot of the recruiting speculation, tea leaf reading, and such got me to wondering about quantum mechanics...well. sort of

there's the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, a gross oversimplification of which is, the act of observing a thing can effect that thing

as related to recruiting, I wonder just how much the types of stuff that show up on forums like this, on facebook, on twitter, etc... how much that stuff really plays a role in what the recruits, their families, and their advisers think

which isn't to say nothing should be said, or that everybody else from other schools isn't saying the same kind of things so it balances out, or anything... just wondering how much of a feedback loop there really is

artRAMinMN said:
a lot of the recruiting speculation, tea leaf reading, and such got me to wondering about quantum mechanics...well. sort of

there's the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, a gross oversimplification of which is, the act of observing a thing can effect that thing

as related to recruiting, I wonder just how much the types of stuff that show up on forums like this, on facebook, on twitter, etc... how much that stuff really plays a role in what the recruits, their families, and their advisers think

which isn't to say nothing should be said, or that everybody else from other schools isn't saying the same kind of things so it balances out, or anything... just wondering how much of a feedback loop there really is
I am sure that it happens. It probably depends on how closely the particular recruit is following these things as to how much. I am almost equally as sure that none of them are aware that the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is at work.

wavevcu said:
Sorry DB - my post was to XJohn not to you...there is more to the Lee story than is posted here. There was NOTHING negative concerning the young man at all. I cannot share any more info. Please don't assume something was wrong or that the kid must "have had an attitude"...that is NOT the case at all here.

I probed a little further and this may be why xjohnx has to stay mum on the issue. Apparently it wasn't Lee but a family member of his that acted inappropriately in Anthony's recruiting and caused the coaching staff to back off.

At this point I say we just drop the Lee thing and focus on the guys in which there's a possibility of mutual interest. I wish the guy luck and hope Temple was the right decision for all concerned.

Mistachill said:
At this point I say we just drop the Lee thing and focus on the guys in which there's a possibility of mutual interest. I wish the guy luck and hope Temple was the right decision for all concerned.

Yeah that is probably best. This sounds like a sensitive issue.

On that note...

MICHAEL BRADLEY!
HF_WeWantYou.png

hahah :lol:

I actually prefer your banned avatar. But I love that you are quick to the punch!

ramramthankyoumaam said:
xjohnx said:
I really can't say any more than I already have.

On another note, just show Michael the following video, he won't even need to visit! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3hbXRPOA0

Sweeet Vid!!!

Hey Michael Bradley this raps for you
We really want you here at VCU
VA COMM's a place that you can grow
Become a pharmacist, or maybe turn pro
Just cancel your trip up north to BC
Aint no place up there to get a pharm degree
UCONN isn't a place to start
Get on board with Shaka Smart
Stay in the south with Ed, Roz, and Joey
Or freeze your a$$ up north where its snowy
What's out there in Iowa? Gimme a break.
Goin to Drake would just be a mistake.
A bunch of corn farmers and a dog named Spike.
Just tell them and their offer to take a hike.
Would you rather raise cattle and be growin soybeans
Or playin VCU ball in the dowtown scene
with Grayson, Daniels, Reco, and Theus
VCU is the place to be so come and see us
Saintil, Gavin, Brad, and Skeen
You can set your sights on the sweet sixteen
When you get here you'll know you have arrived
when you're gracin a billboard on rte 95
Come play with the best in the CAA
Get to the post season and NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Break it down for me fellas....... :roll:

Back