We Won!! something anyway

ramband

Insider
at the RPI of 65, we are the highest team not playing in either of the two major tournaments!

Whoopdefreakingdoo! Haha that is something to say but in the end, no one cares.

agreed, just thought it was interesting, darn we're a little testy

Naww didn't mean it at you, more for fun. It is a great stat, tonight just sucks for all of the hopeful Ram fans that were looking forward to the possible, and what seemed probable decent NIT match-up.

More stats:

UNC - worst W-L record (at 16-16) of all teams in NCAA or NIT
UNC - among top 3 schools in biggest fan following of all teams in NCAA or NIT

Bottom line - it's not about basketball - it's about who will sell tickets and get TV marketshare.

My faith in the system (or whether a "system" even exists) for selection of NCAA and NIT at large bids is shaken, crumbled, peed on, and thrown into the gutter.

The only way we can get what we deserve is what has been said by others in various posts before -
1) "just win" - TCB in our own schedule better than we did this year
2) consider moving to a better conference - yes, especially looking at this year, A-10 would be better, but on the other hand NCAA-bound U of R was in the CBI the past 2 years. However, if we can't finish in the top 3 in CAA, there is no way we can realistically expect to finish in the top 3 in the A-10.
3) Build the program - all of us not liking the taste of our sour grapes need to own up. The only way for our program to really grow is to buy tickets, get more fans involved, and DONATE, DONATE, DONATE.

VCUENT said:
More stats:

UNC - worst W-L record (at 16-16) of all teams in NCAA or NIT
UNC - among top 3 schools in biggest fan following of all teams in NCAA or NIT

Bottom line - it's not about basketball - it's about who will sell tickets and get TV marketshare.

My faith in the system (or whether a "system" even exists) for selection of NCAA and NIT at large bids is shaken, crumbled, peed on, and thrown into the gutter.

The only way we can get what we deserve is what has been said by others in various posts before -
1) "just win" - TCB in our own schedule better than we did this year
2) consider moving to a better conference - yes, especially looking at this year, A-10 would be better, but on the other hand NCAA-bound U of R was in the CBI the past 2 years. However, if we can't finish in the top 3 in CAA, there is no way we can realistically expect to finish in the top 3 in the A-10.
3) Build the program - all of us not liking the taste of our sour grapes need to own up. The only way for our program to really grow is to buy tickets, get more fans involved, and DONATE, DONATE, DONATE.

The voice of reason. See a problem, find a solution. As fans we can't control #1 or #2. However, #3 is totally up to us. It takes money to have a successful program. It takes fans to fill the seats. Complain or help. The choice is yours.

I agree. We as a fan base need to support the program to the level that we expect the program to perform. The athletics Dept. is doing thier job, now we have to do ours. We have to travel better, maybe not as much as Rick but more than we are now. We need to buy tickets even if we are not going to get the travel attendance up. I could go on but I think we know what I mean. GO RAMS!

Pretty sure we were the top RPI team left out of the NCAA/NIT a few years back as well. This is nothing new....F the NIT. Of course, the way we typically perform when selected to participate in the NIT, the NIT may have just said F VCU.

Back