Welcome Home!

Natty said:
211+ members and counting...(and it's only the offseason).

Don't forget that 34 of those are mine, so I can...

Wait, people are civil around here. I don't need "a strategy" just to post anymore. :lol:

Sometimes said:
Natty said:

Wait, people are civil around here. I don't need "a strategy" just to post anymore. :lol:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

I've moved too. I had stopped posting on the other board prior to last season and am glad to have a civil board again. Nothing wrong with occasional smack but the level of trollishness over there has gotten unbearable. The responses to Pav's "I'm out" message pretty much sum up the problems (well, with the exception of a veiled racist comment from jablomi) over there.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
Sometimes said:
Natty said:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

Someone has been watching a certain movie about Las Vegas :lol:

(It was hilarious when he was doing it to the mirror and the guy recorded him)

approaching 300 members - probably by June :!: :!: :!:

A lot of those "members" seem to be accounts intended to be used by spam-bots. I think our actual number of legitimate registrations is probably closer to 75-100.

Archaic Bump.

After some of the updates today I was curious about the history of VRN. What started the whole thing? How many members are there on VRN now?

What started it was the frustration of dealing with idiots from the caazone. Plus a vision!

I didn't post until a couple years ago(made up for it to much I guess) and found the board only in 2011 so it was pretty cool to go back and read the beginning posts. RN is the best!

Timing is everything and you guys who founded this and those early contributors had perfect timing of creating this as VCU Basketball was exploding into the most popular topic around.

What started it was the frustration of dealing with idiots from the caazone. Plus a vision!

remember the Exodus thread on the Zone???? I'm sure there's a link to it somewhere out there on the intertubes. The CAAZone was destined for self-immolation eventually. Plus, our exodus coincided with Grant leaving and JRod thinking of transferring to Rollins College....dark times made worse by the pissing and INTENSE VCU hatred. Almost NO actual basketball chatter, news, or recruiting info that was easy to navigate. Funny thing is the general consensus was
A) You'll be back (uuuuh, why??? I'm a grown ass man following my alma mater's sport team)
B) VCURamNation with be a circle-j#&k and you'll all be delusional and ultra-homerish

yea, wrong on both....now that place is an online tumbleweed farm and the Mason folk (who ran the Zone) have their own pissing/suicidal/self flagellation/self hate issues on the Mason boards.

Don't Look Back!!!, we're not going that way fellow Rams.

Blast from the past... We started the boards bc caaZone kept going down. One day they were down for at least a day or two, so we put up some boards just to create an alternative place to mingle until caaZone came back up. Who knew it would get to this point. What a great community we have now!

Out of curiousity.... since gmu, VCU & Fodu are out of the CAA... who run's the Zone boards now? Drexel?

Out of curiousity.... since gmu, VCU & Fodu are out of the CAA... who run's the Zone boards now? Drexel?
The guy who runs it is GMU fan. I'm sure he just keeps it chugging along at this point

The guy who runs it is GMU fan. I'm sure he just keeps it chugging along at this point

Ah ok... wasn't sure if they handed it off when GMU left.... wonder if it still goes down every time mason leaves lol

Back