Welcome Roosevelt Wheeler 🌹

I do think that rose could unlock another level of success for this team. as of right now, we have 0 post play and Fermin and Laval are liabilities against "bigger bigs"

Like all our players, I am rooting for them (though Sean and Nelson are making it difficult right now) to do well. I was thrilled with his effort last night. However, from what I saw he is a long way from becoming the answer to our front court problems. Even though he got a dunk and a layup he still has not shown us any shooting range or any back to the basket abilities (same as Tobi and Fermin). And from what I saw on the 1 FT, I think I would rather have Tobi or Fermin shooting FT's. Maybe last night's game is a bad example. Also, a number of times he seemed to be in poor rebounding position at least from what I observed. He was, however, more physical with Cohen not letting him dig deep, he was pushing him out.

Last night was encouraging because for the first time this season in his time on the court, he wasn’t pushed around in the paint. He played physically. He set some good screens, pushed Cohen off the blocks. As important, Rose seemed mentally engaged last night. I hope he gained at least some measure of confidence.

This guy needs some flowers, too. Came in and gave us exactly what we needed today against Cohen. Keeping Tobi and Ferm out of worse foul trouble in the first was a huge part of the win.

Well said, Big Tuna…great thread bump

My favorite Wheeler moment was after a “foul” was called on Cohen and he crumpled to the floor (as he’s prone to do, the delicate little flower)
Wheeler walked away from him and gave him a withering stare that said “Really dude? So, you’re just gonna flop all day??”

You go, Rose

We absolutely don't win without those limited minutes from Rose today, full stop. He took fouls that would otherwise have been charged to Lawal or Fermin, and UMass had to change their game for the time he was in, ruining any momentum they had.
100% agree. He's not better at offense or defense than Lawal and Fermin, but he's a physical, dominating presence who doesn't back down.

Back