Welcome Roosevelt Wheeler 🌹

We also got some good players because they wanted to play 96 feet offense and defense and not walk the ball up court half court only.

That explains why our turnover rate was so terrible last season. :?

(A basketball court is only 94 feet long.)

It also took more players to play that way and there was often PT for up to 10 guys rather than 6 to 8.

Longer rotations also tend to result in wide variations in consistency. Even Rhoades's rotation shrank from 11-12 in his first couple of years here to 7-8 last season.

That explains why our turnover rate was so terrible last season. :?

(A basketball court is only 94 feet long.)

Longer rotations also tend to result in wide variations in consistency. Even Rhoades's rotation shrank from 11-12 in his first couple of years here to 7-8 last season.
And also Rhoades talked a good game about playing fast, but we walked the ball up and played to the end of the shot clock a lot under Rhoades. When you are having the grind of the 94' 👀 defense without the fun of the 94' offense it kind of defeats the purpose. In some ways what Odom is describing, being able to attack more on defense at VCU than USU and putting pressure on opposing defenses by attacking early on offense, sounds more like HAVOC than what Rhoades was doing even if you lose the label.
I am a fan of what Shaka was running here, as it morphed I kept hoping to see that from Rhoades. That really didn't happen. I've been in Rhoades corner for the most part, but I would have loved to see him run a diamond press at least 6-10 times a game opposed to straight man to man with an occasional trap in the corner.
Well he's gone. Welcome to Odom and Roosevelt Wheeler. Hope we have a full 804 reunion pretty soon. I'm really excited to see what happens next.

what always stood out to me when I look at our teams in the past and compare to other teams I see is we have always leaned toward the lean and lanky players, which almost forces you into a style of defense -

I have a soft spot for those physical 6'3" 220 lb guards that bully you and same with forwards and centers -
A darren mcAllister type build with jayden nunn skills would be ideal (even liked Ace's body type) at VCU (gotta few of those oommitments and some in the possibility stage

go Rams and Coach Odom

what always stood out to me when I look at our teams in the past and compare to other teams I see is we have always leaned toward the lean and lanky players, which almost forces you into a style of defense -

I have a soft spot for those physical 6'3" 220 lb guards that bully you and same with forwards and centers -
A darren mcAllister type build with jayden nunn skills would be ideal (even liked Ace's body type) at VCU (gotta few of those oommitments and some in the possibility stage

go Rams and Coach Odom

Joe Bamisile and hopefully Silas Demary.

I don’t see us being a real player for Demary this go around though I hope I’m wrong.
I agree. I am holding out hope that maybe he and his dad liked what they saw when they were here, even if we now have a totally different coaching staff. I'm glad we did reach back out after he reopened his commitment. It's probably wishful thinking because we're going to need a good freshman guard.

8 0 4

2023-05-22-192755.jpg

Back