Welcome Roosevelt Wheeler 🌹

2023-07-03-170958.jpg

Wow, a 6'10" player dunking the ball unguarded. Color me impressed!!!
All joking aside, hopefully he can break out.

Wow, a 6'10" player dunking the ball unguarded. Color me impressed!!!
All joking aside, hopefully he can break out.
Fine by me.

This was UD's Holmes last season.

Holmes took 481 shots last year.

91 were dunks, he made 89
242 were at the rim, he made 173
129 other 2 points, he made 51
19 were 3 points, he made 6

so 70% of his shots were dunks or at the rim. VCU needs Wheeler to be a bully down low.

I think Rose played significantly better last night. He seemed to be playing within himself and letting the game come to him. Some of the folks were throwing passed to him like he's Tobi, which is not his game. He showed some decent hands to snag them. Most of all, he remained calm.

I don't think he'll have a big role down the stretch, but I can see his trajectory and he could have a nice role next year-sort of a Hamdy-esque.

I think Rose played significantly better last night. He seemed to be playing within himself and letting the game come to him. Some of the folks were throwing passed to him like he's Tobi, which is not his game. He showed some decent hands to snag them. Most of all, he remained calm.

I don't think he'll have a big role down the stretch, but I can see his trajectory and he could have a nice role next year-sort of a Hamdy-esque.
If this were a graph, I see Fermin going down and at least for one game Wheeler is pointed up for the first time. Is there a possibility that the lines intersect at some point and they begin splitting the center minutes?

And importantly, be a rim-protector on D.
I think this is more important. He was a bit rusty on O and he didn’t rebound all that well. But his presence in the paint makes a difference. He isn’t easily backed down.

Which has been a weakness of both Tobi and Fermin. Not their fault, mostly due to their slight size. Maybe he gives us a third option which might make it easier for Tobi and Fermin to play harder as we can spread out the fouls. Not to say I want Rose to go foul happy or anything like that.

Also, it seems he can catch it and finish if the has a clear path.

As to what happens who can say, it was one game 14 minutes and it was a blow out. However, who knows we co need his size. Maybe he gets 8-10 minutes especially when we play the likes of St Bonnies and others who have a larger guy in the middle.

Back