Recruiting Welcome to VCU Brandon Jennings!

Years ago, fresh off losing a girlfriend to the portal who most likely didn't meet my needs nor could I meet hers, I went out by myself- yet again avoiding hanging out with powerdrinking friends that night, and really wanted to see Jimmy Cliff at The Flood Zone in The Bottom. I ran into this young lady who had eyes for me, who was also there by herself. We had met twice before that only briefly. There's no way in this world would I have imagined she'd quickly not only commit, but spend the next 35 years by my side, many times kicking my arse in everything we'd do- side, by, side. She more than gets the job done at both ends of the floor. Initially, I'd had zero idea what an arsekicker she actually was, just saw that she saw something in me that night at that moment we finally really "met". She knew what she wanted. So did I. We both were very familiar with what was on the other side. She turned out to be the miracle in my life I'd always needed.
Previous to these 35 years, the longest I'd had a special someone by my side, and me by theirs had been about 8 months. I didn't even think over any of those years how long we'd last, how devoted to me she was, or me to her. It just happened. We knew we were a good fit. Maybe not questioning how long it would last is what gave it the power to eventually become what we consider so dang special, ripe with longevity.
We never have questioned it. It just is.

Last edited:
A tip of the fedora goes to the St. Chris senior ....

But wouldn't Co-Players of the Year with JM's Damon "Redd" Thompson be more appropriate?

With JMU bound Thompson the ringleader, the Justices were 25-3 this year with head-spinning state playoff victory margins of 57, 62, 71, 63, and 57 - perhaps the most dominant run to a state title in the history of basketball. JM won its last 16 in a row after the eerie defeat at St. Chris turned Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Redd rarely saw a fourth quarter in most of the JM games. He could have scored much more had that been needed.

The Saints, 25-8, lost in state Virginia Independent Schools semis to St. Anne's-Bellfield-Long ...

There is precedence for "CO" stars ... VCU bound Brandon Rozzell at Highland Springs and Benedictine's Ed Davis (UNC) were Co Players of Year in their senior seasons.

Last edited:
Back