Recruiting Welcome to VCU Brandon Jennings!

A kid that works for me, that plays on one of the local private school teams says that Jennings is a beast and that the kid from JM that committed to JMU is a stud as well.
I'd like to hear from someone who has scouted both Brandon and Silas DeMary. I haven't seen either play apart from highlights, but they seem like similar players. Silas is kicking a** down at UGA. I'd like to know how Brandon compares.

I'd like to hear from someone who has scouted both Brandon and Silas DeMary. I haven't seen either play apart from highlights, but they seem like similar players. Silas is kicking a** down at UGA. I'd like to know how Brandon compares.
Wouldn't say I'm a recruiting coordinator by any means, but I try to follow our recruiting pretty closely lol I don't think Demary and Jennings are similar players at all. Demary is athletic scorer that looks to get downhill when he has the ball. Capable shooter, but works inside the 3pt arc for the most part. Jennings is a more willing 3pt shooter, but overall not nearly as gifted of a scorer as Demary. Solid athlete, and much better defender because of his length. Demary is a natural SG with the ceiling of being a 17ppg guy with a bunch of highlight plays. Whereas Jennings is a 2-way PG who would sit around 10-12ppg but give you assists, rebounds and steals to fill out the stat sheet. His defense will be there from Day 1, but I think it's gonna be a bit of a learning curve for scoring and being a primary ball handler. Having JNel and potentially Zeb/Max to shoulder that load while he gets adjusted will be important for us

Wouldn't say I'm a recruiting coordinator by any means, but I try to follow our recruiting pretty closely lol I don't think Demary and Jennings are similar players at all. Demary is athletic scorer that looks to get downhill when he has the ball. Capable shooter, but works inside the 3pt arc for the most part. Jennings is a more willing 3pt shooter, but overall not nearly as gifted of a scorer as Demary. Solid athlete, and much better defender because of his length. Demary is a natural SG with the ceiling of being a 17ppg guy with a bunch of highlight plays. Whereas Jennings is a 2-way PG who would sit around 10-12ppg but give you assists, rebounds and steals to fill out the stat sheet. His defense will be there from Day 1, but I think it's gonna be a bit of a learning curve for scoring and being a primary ball handler. Having JNel and potentially Zeb/Max to shoulder that load while he gets adjusted will be important for us
From what little I know about both, this all seems to track. They strike me as very different players and would be playing in fairly different systems. Jennings looks like a Darius Theus kind of lead guard to me.

If Odom likes playmaking at the 3/4, we might see a different type of guy recruited to play point than we have recently.

Really dammm good assessment..I appreciate your work.

Back