Welcome to VCU, Tarique Foster!

He's 175 pounds. He was the tallest player on the cardinal hayes team 2 years ago. His coach asked him if he wanted to play inside or outside. He added that if Tarique wanted to play inside that he would have add 25 pounds. Tarique said he wanted to improve his ball handling skills and be a wing.

Now he is the Brandon John's replacement next year. Rhoades better not try to make him a back to the basket post player.

He's a stretch 4 with a face up game!

He's 175 pounds. He was the tallest player on the cardinal hayes team 2 years ago. His coach asked him if he wanted to play inside or outside. He added that if Tarique wanted to play inside that he would have add 25 pounds. Tarique said he wanted to improve his ball handling skills and be a wing.

Now he is the Brandon John's replacement next year. Rhoades better not try to make him a back to the basket post player.

He's a stretch 4 with a face up game!
at 175 lbs, if he tries to play back to the basket, he is liable to be pushed out to the 3 point line. And as a freshman, I don't see him getting tons of time on the court the first year. Not sure what we are going to do for a Johns/Shriver position. That is two players for one position that I'm not sure who would fill. 175 lbs is guard weight, not bang down low for rebounds.

at 175 lbs, if he tries to play back to the basket, he is liable to be pushed out to the 3 point line. And as a freshman, I don't see him getting tons of time on the court the first year. Not sure what we are going to do for a Johns/Shriver position. That is two players for one position that I'm not sure who would fill. 175 lbs is guard weight, not bang down low for rebounds.

Johns, Jr. is 6'8" and Shriver is 6'6". You guys seem to forget VCU still has Fermin (6'10"), Lawal (6'8") and Billups (6'7") waiting in the wings to help out DeLoach, who will have another year of experience under his belt next year.

Johns, Jr. is 6'8" and Shriver is 6'6". You guys seem to forget VCU still has Fermin (6'10"), Lawal (6'8") and Billups (6'7") waiting in the wings to help out DeLoach, who will have another year of experience under his belt next year.
I think we may see some else from the portal too. I wonder about Wheeler. Seems like the new staff at L-ville has no plans for him. Sure there are others out there too. Johns' versatility will be hard to replace. As will Shriver's three point shooting from the 4 position.
I'm seeing Ty as a 3 actually.
VCU wings the next few seasons, Kern, Fatts, Ty, a lot of length.

Back