What happened to Rodney?

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right spots...but it seems like Rodney the Ram has gone AWOL this year. Haven't seen him at many (maybe one?) games. Anyone know what happened to our beloved mascot?

Natty said:
Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right spots...but it seems like Rodney the Ram has gone AWOL this year. Haven't seen him at many (maybe one?) games. Anyone know what happened to our beloved mascot?
and air rodney too? I miss that crack shakin looney toon!

Not to mention that "Air Rodney" has been deflated and dead for a couple of years now, as well...

rodney really hasn't been the same ever since he fought that lion at the CAA tourney a while back.

buckwheat said:
rodney really hasn't been the same ever since he fought that lion at the CAA tourney a while back.

Prison institutionalizes a person.

These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.

2hrkhzm.jpg

I'll never forget that game. Rodney's punch almost won us that game. Everyone was out of it until that point- then the crowd was into it and we went on a run to really cut into the lead. Too bad we could not sustain it.

I was wondering the same thing. This falls under the direction of the cheerleaders, I am almost positive. And is unacceptable! There is no reason this should be going on! Any one of the cheerleaders could / should be filling this role!

I'd like to ECHO the sentiments here and add to the discussion by saying its not just good enough for him to show up. I want to see some Mascot activity ( poking some fun at the other team, interacting with the crowd, etc.) I remember seeing Rodney at the Collesium in the late 90's and he'd be all over the place, in people's laps, etc. Too often when he does show up he's just walking around the place. We can do better.

The best Rodney was back at the SBC Tournament played at the Coliesum. Western Kentucky (Clem Haskins was the coach) had those red terrible towels and Rodney was running around the Coliseum wiping his butt with one, WKU mascot in chase. That was leaner, meaner Rodney.

Back