Who is your favorite VCU guard of all time?

Who is your favorite VCU guard of all-time?

• Gerald Henderson

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ed Sherrod

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Calvin Duncan

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Nicky Jones

• Bo Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dom Jones

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Jesse Dark

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • BA Walker

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Eric Maynor

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Rolando Lamb

• Total voters
I had to vote Maynor because I have a picture of him in our living room, the final stat sheet of his final game at the Siegel Center signed and framed in my living room...the Duke shot was one of the best moments of my life...and when Obama won the Presidency (please don't hate me my republican Ram friends...)..I celebrated for a second in the streets of Richmond with Eric, Larry, and a bunch of other players on the team...

So based on that evidence..had to vote for thim.

THAT SAID...BA...man, that guy may actually be me real all time favorite. Same goes for Dom Jones. Dom is just f'ing cool as sh!t...and I love how reserved BA is. Those guys are great.

Again this is favorite, not best. I think I would now have to vote for Eric as best ever now that his career is over. Jesse is still my favorite.

There was no other guard combo quite like Calvin and Ro. There should be selection that includes them as a pair.

I can't believe none of the older Ram fans have voted for Rolando Lamb yet, considering his buzzer-beater in the NCAA against NE.

How about Stan Davis? I'm a little biased. We use to play on the same church team. An I went to his wedding.

an impossible question to answer, my dad swears by rolando and calvin, they certainly were the best backcourt pairing VCU ever had.

Whoooosh said:
I can't believe none of the older Ram fans have voted for Rolando Lamb yet, considering his buzzer-beater in the NCAA against NE.

Without question Ro Lamb had the quickest hands of anyone to ever play at VCU. It's a good thing he chose to be an honest man because he could have picked more pockets than a pack of gypsies.

I voted for B.A. Walker because he is my favorite, not the best VCU guard in history as I think that should easily go to Edmund.

I got to see all of them play except Jesse Dark. Ed, Calvin, Rolando were all great in their day. Rolando provided me with a great story moment at JMU game when he hit a 45 foot shot at the overtime buzzer. I was sitting just behind the JMU pep-band when I jumped up to celebrate, I quickly had about 200 people ready to take me on. My best VCU moment still has to be Eric's shot in Buffalo, WOW! It is hard to vote against the career Assist and Scoring Leader and I could not not!

I voted Nicky. But I really have a 4-way tie for Nicky, Dom Jones, BA, and Ro Lamb. And Calvin Duncan and Monty Knight are absolutely right there too. I also loved E-Mat. What a smooth jumper, and he actually reminded me a lot of Monty during his brief VCU career.

You gotta love Chris Cheeks too, and a few of my other personal favs are Vince Wilson, Derrick Thompkins, Vernon Hamilton, and Kenny Harris. All great players, fun to watch, and I'm sure I've missed a bunch. But these come to mind, along with all of them from this list.

I'm betting rammed will add Elander Lewis to his list. I believe he was a big fan of his.

Virtually all of these guys were phenomenal! I voted for Ro because he was almost like a second son to me. You never met a nicer, higher quality kid than him. You knew why once you met Mama Lamb, just good people.

When Ro was starring at Craddock High in Portsmouth, he led the state in scoring his Sr. year, at just under 30ppg. If memory serves me correct, he also led the state in rebounding that year at the 3-A level!

By signing with VCU, Ro absolutely broke the hearts of many an ODU and VT fan. This was an extraordinary recruiting battle!

Just remember Fication' ...... you only have one son! ;)

Without Question, Calvin Duncan and Rolando Lamb are the two BEST guards in VCU History. They played
against MUCH better competition in the sunbelt and OOC on a regular basis. Mainly responsible for 4 trips to the NCAA and #2 Seed in the NCAA when the NCAA was filled for four years all-star all americans.

They played against Johnny Newman at Richmond (NBA Star - at least 12 years) and beat Richmond under Dick Tarrant Regularly. They beat at Virginia Tech Team in the Richmond Times Dispatch which included Perry Young, Dell Curry and Al Young. They beat a South Alabama Team with Terry Catlidge (NBA Player), an ODU Team with Mark West(NBA Player), took Georgia with Vern Flemming to the last second, Beat North Eastern Team with (can't remember Boston Celtics...died--Great Shooter).

Calvin Duncan was drafted by the Bulls as the second best Guard in the 86 draft, the #1 guard that year (JOE Dumars). One of the reasons calvin didn't stick with the bulls is because they had JORDAN! The talent level in College that time was Far Superior than today because player weren't leaving.

duncanlamb said:
Beat North Eastern Team with (can't remember Boston Celtics...died--Great Shooter).

You must be referring to Reggie Lewis. Welcome duncanlamb! Your knowledge of the program will be a valuable resource to us here! :)

E-Mat! Greeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat!! E-MAT!

Not who I voted for however. Couldve. Too many choices. Picked one and it wasnt easy.

Back