Who is your favorite VCU guard of all time?

Who is your favorite VCU guard of all-time?

• Gerald Henderson

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ed Sherrod

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Calvin Duncan

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Nicky Jones

• Bo Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dom Jones

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Jesse Dark

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • BA Walker

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Eric Maynor

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Rolando Lamb

• Total voters
Emanuel Mathis, from the Alltel Logo (coaching staff facepalm). . . GOOD! (coaching staff fist pump)

E-Mat could flat shoot it baby! Reminded me of Knight, and i always said that if he 4 years here, and never went to Florida State, man- he could have been unbelievable. Plus.... minus the bad knee injury. He was still fantastic his senior year, and not too shabby at all his Jr year. Can you immagine if he had played for Grant- and in that offensive system? Holy Moses!!

Anyway, i was a big E-Mat fan. Not to be confused with E-Mac.... Emanual McDaniel, an excellent cornerback for my East Carolina Pirates football team of the mid-to-late 90's, and who went on to NFL acclaim.

I'm betting rammed will add Elander Lewis to his list. I believe he was a big fan of his.

No, he wasn't all that. (too lazy to look up, St John's transfer right?). I voted Dom Jones. Kenny Harris should have been on the list. Lamb was a close second. There have been some great ones, for sure. for the old timers out there, Stanley Davis was a great 6th man. Actually picked up ball with him once.

By signing with VCU, Ro absolutely broke the hearts of many an ODU and VT fan. This was an extraordinary recruiting battle!

Best class we ever signed IMO. Rolando and Calvin were both ranked in the top 100 by Prepstars (one or both were top 50). Add to that, 4-year starter Mike Schlegel. Ranked #11 in nation their senior year and #2 seed in tourny.

Yeah- what great memories they are.... And phenomenal players.

duncanllamb has pretty much said it all about Calvin Duncan. I might add three things about Calvin. First, he has been quite successful at his career. Second, he comes to all the VCU games. Third, he is such a gentleman. While we have been very successful in the last few years, the early 80's set the bar for all of our current players.

a great motivational speaker too, I remember even as a kid Mike Ellis would bring him in to speak at VCU's basketball camp. He gave a lot of good advice.

I saw them all except Jesse Dark. They all were great, but in my mind Eric was clearly the best. In addition, he's my all time favorite. No one can match the consistent late game heroics. He is Mr. Clutch.

VRam said:
I saw them all except Jesse Dark. They all were great, but in my mind Eric was clearly the best. In addition, he's my all time favorite. No one can match the consistent late game heroics. He is Mr. Clutch.

Gentlemen, we have arrived. I give you the right honorable VRam himself.

What a day, VRam and Ram4Life in the same day! It's gonna be sunny out there today everybody. 8-)

I couldn't vote! Or maybe...couldn't figure it out? :? lol

Anyways, HOW DOES ROLANDO LAMB HAVE 2 VOTES?

Yes, we all should expect Maynor to win this one. He's the latest, he is one of the best, and quite frankly, he's probably all a lot of these posters have ever heard of. But still, how is Lamb not second? If you follow any of the logic of why you would vote for Maynor, Lamb should be right behind him....if not ahead!

I gotta echo RamBo ...Chris Cheeks and Kenny Harris belong on that list... I wouldn't put either of 'em on top of the list, but at least on it

I'll never forget the night Cheeks dropped 43 on Odius-U..... in the Scope. Man- that was just plain good ole' fun. And on top of that, Lionel Bacon had about 30. We had Antoine' Ford, Martin Henlan, and that was Mike Polio's last VCU team- and his best. We won the game, which made it even better, of course.

And then who could ever forget Kenny Harris going into half-time down in Tampa with Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. And then, he came out flat again for the start of the second half. And then, to everyone;s amazement, including the South Florida team, he scored 30 points in the final 11 minutes of the game. I don't know that that's ever been done by anyone, anywhere, any time- before or since (in college ball). Just amazing.

Back