Who is your favorite VCU guard of all time?

Who is your favorite VCU guard of all-time?

• Gerald Henderson

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ed Sherrod

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Calvin Duncan

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Nicky Jones

• Bo Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dom Jones

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Jesse Dark

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • BA Walker

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Eric Maynor

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Rolando Lamb

• Total voters

districtballer

Elite Member
This is an interesting question to be sure. I'm sure most of the posters here will vote for Maynor considering all he's done and the fact that he just finished his career here. That said, it would be nice to reminisce and learn about the tradition of great guards we have here at VCU. I'm sure some of the old-timers can pitch in here. :)

DJones. Quiet, cool, dependable and a hard worker with a tear-drop floater that was a thing of beauty. I still contend that he was better than Maynor (though I'm biased, as I actually worked with Dom, never with Maynor). Maynor went toe-to-toe with some good guards, but I'll never forget Dom vs Chris Paul (almost won that battle).

Pavarotti said:
DJones. Quiet, cool, dependable and a hard worker with a tear-drop floater that was a thing of beauty. I still contend that he was better than Maynor (though I'm biased, as I actually worked with Dom, never with Maynor). Maynor went toe-to-toe with some good guards, but I'll never forget Dom vs Chris Paul (almost won that battle).

Go ahead and vote then Pav, that's what it's there for! ;)

Pavarotti said:
You'ld think I would've noticed the poll :oops:

It's a brand new feature as of about 5 minutes ago, you get a pass on this one. ;)

For me Bo Jones has to be in the conversation. He could flat out light it up!

ROW6RAM said:
For me Bo Jones has to be in the conversation. He could flat out light it up!

That 70-foot buzzer beater to beat ECU at the Siegel Center was really something. That said, who do you replace on there? :?

EDIT: McCoy is out, Bo Jones is in.

darn, I would've voted for McCoy in a second. Loved watching that guy play. I was always a fan of the underdog types...Ben Peabody, Sherman Hamilton, etc. Also loved watching Kenny Harris (was it South Florida where he made that miracle shot?).....all that aside, I voted for Maynor....I mean, it's Eric Freakin' Maynor after all.

I had to vote fro Dom Jones!
He was just an all around great guard.
He had a great build, quick, could jump and shoot. Nice handle!

I gotta go with D Jones as well...everytime I got a chance to come to Siegel during high school to see him play was awesome!!! A great guard that played with a lotta heart.

Maynor sort of reminds me of D Jones a tad, D Jones got my vote. Maynor a close second.

Although I think Eric was the best, my favorite has to be Mister Duncan. His leadership, his will to win and his sheer determination to make his team better were unparalleled. Did I mention his heart?

Back