Who would like the 5 seed?

It's interesting that those idiots picked ODU get the auto bid for the big dance. The only thing I like about the NIT is the chance that we could spank AG and Alabama.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but there are going to be some interesting teams in the NIT field.

And how the heck would Nevada have a hire seed then us if we were to play in the NIT, which we won't be after winning the CAA championship 8-)

Traveling to South Bend to play Notre Dame on a decidedly un-neutral court could have a bad outcome for us.

Re: well the NIT is showing us love

rocavean said:
http://www.nitology.com/

This is the kind of post I like. Insightful, analytic, filled with facts and not redundant at all.

;) :D

Sometimes said:
rocavean said:
http://www.nitology.com/

This is the kind of post I like. Insightful, analytic, filled with facts and not redundant at all.

;) :D

To be fair, it was a new thread (which is also the kind of post you like), but I merged it into this thread.

Agreed DCRam. It will be difficult to play in the NIT and the NCAA's at the same time. :)

MarcusNation said:
To be fair, it was a new thread (which is also the kind of post you like), but I merged it into this thread.

darn you and your merging ways, Marcus! darn YOU! :lol:

If we don't make the NCAAs and are in the NIT, I would hope we are better than a 5th seed, which would give us a home game or two.

Although, now that the GMU loss is behind us, if the pattern of 4 wins - a loss etc, continues we will win the next 4, lose to ODU at ODU (not what I WANT to have happen, but what the pattern suggests), then win out in the CAA to make it to the NCAAs - so forget about the NIT...

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
Agreed DCRam. It will be difficult to play in the NIT and the NCAA's at the same time. :)

Yes, but it would be rude to turn down a invitation. VCU will just have to do both out of courtesy. ;)

VCUENT said:
If we don't make the NCAAs and are in the NIT, I would hope we are better than a 5th seed, which would give us a home game or two.

Although, now that the GMU loss is behind us, if the pattern of 4 wins - a loss etc, continues we will win the next 4, lose to ODU at ODU (not what I WANT to have happen, but what the pattern suggests), then win out in the CAA to make it to the NCAAs - so forget about the NIT...

We then lose the NCAA opener by the same formula.

ramramthankyoumaam said:
VCUENT said:

We then lose the NCAA opener by the same formula.

That is why we need the bye, guarantees us that we will win the CAA tourney and get an opening round win in the NCAA tourney.

Back