why on Monday?

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Ok, I understand that the NCAA and NIT are also going on but why have the first game of the final on a Monday? When is the second and third game? Wed and the following Monday?

Would be nice to have a travel day for fans. Long a$$ drive to St. Louis, even from Charleston, WV!

BradRamFan said:
Ok, I understand that the NCAA and NIT are also going on but why have the first game of the final on a Monday? When is the second and third game? Wed and the following Monday?
Monday, Wednesday, Friday

I'm rooting for a road game Monday and then finish it off Wednesday night at home

I heard that the first two would be on the road?? Hope that's wrong - 2 in St Louis and either we end it there or we come home for a sold out arena on Friday night for the championship?? That would be fun .......

The unique quality of the CBI is it’s best-of-three Championship Series, which will be held March 29, March 31, and April 2. The highest
remaining seed will host two games should a third game be necessary. In each of the fi rst two CBIs, the Championship Series went the
full three games.

now who the heck is the higher seed?!

This team needs to play two on the road. No need to pay for home games trying to win it at the cost of developing some road resilience in this team. Next year, no one will care/remember who wins the CBI anyway.

OK #1 we have the best record; and #2 we have a better RPI; and we have already beaten 3 A10 teams this year.

We ought to be the higher seed. But St. Louis being in the big bad A10 may get the nod. Just another perk for being in a higher rated conference while having a worse record and worse rpi.

Wonder which venue had better attendance at the games?

By every measure- VCU.

But I think the true measure is the checkbook.

6thRAM said:
I heard that the first two would be on the road?? Hope that's wrong - 2 in St Louis and either we end it there or we come home for a sold out arena on Friday night for the championship?? That would be fun .......

According to the rules the series alternates sites, but who knows if that has changed. Should either be Richmond, St. Louis, Richmond (if necessary) or St. Louis, Richmond, St. Louis (if necessary).

No, it's Richmond, St. Louis, St. Louis (if necessary).

Correction, it's Richmond, St. Louis, back home with the trophy!

Back