why TJ Why

rammad90

Elite Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Posts
17,546
Likes
16,350
Early on Shaka played TJ Gwynn a great deal of time to instead of Kiril. After the team had a mini slump in early January and they had a team meeting Shaka played the bigger guys a bit more. Know it seems he is in love with TJ again.

Hey I love TJ's energy. But Santil, Skeen, and Kiril should be locked in at the four spot.

Thoughts.
 
KP picked up 2 fouls in about a min. Plus TJ is a beast. When he gets going he is as good as any one on the floor.
 
Good energy guy but we are being out rebounded and pounded on the glass.



Good new Bowles just got number 4. We have to get the ball inside now!

They went small. We need to go big and pound it inside. They are leaving TJ open and we all know he cant hit the open J with consistency.

He should come out now and either be replace with Larry, Kiril, Santil.

He just got stuck inside and threw it away. Turnover!
 
TJ played extremely well tonight. I can't be mad at the decision. JMU is an athletic team, Kirill picked up 2 fouls in like 40 seconds.
 
How bout why Theus why?!?! what's with the joey, theus line up? they never score! and Theus = turn over machine! why don't the big guys (other than larry) play? ideal line up: joey, nixon, brad, skeen, sanders with occassional ball screens for our shooters ....
 
Ewe said:
How bout why Theus why?!?! what's with the joey, theus line up? they never score! and Theus = turn over machine! why don't the big guys (other than larry) play? ideal line up: joey, nixon, brad, skeen, sanders with occassional ball screens for our shooters ....
I disagree, I think Darius and Joey are a good combo on the court, Especially when Ed is on the floor also.
 
Ewe said:
How bout why Theus why?!?! what's with the joey, theus line up? they never score! and Theus = turn over machine! why don't the big guys (other than larry) play? ideal line up: joey, nixon, brad, skeen, sanders with occassional ball screens for our shooters ....

Theus played 12 minutes with one turnover. Joey had 5 turnovers. Theus does not turn the ball over nearly as much as he did in December. That's a good sign. Rozzell is the one stinking up the place. He played 23 minutes with zero points, one rebound, three fouls and 2 turnovers.
 
rammad90 said:
Good energy guy but we are being out rebounded and pounded on the glass.


We outrebounded JMU 40-25....AND TJ had more rebounds then Bowles

we lost because of
Turnovers (22-8)
Poor 3 pt. shooting, normally a strength (3-16)
Poor team play...the TEAM had 8 assists!!!! Joey should have that all by himself.

TJ is not the problem and I would dare say is a vocal leader in the clubhouse.
 
Half-baked Mcbride said:
rammad90 said:
Good energy guy but we are being out rebounded and pounded on the glass.


We outrebounded JMU 40-25....AND TJ had more rebounds then Bowles

we lost because of
Turnovers (22-8)
Poor 3 pt. shooting, normally a strength (3-16)
Poor team play...the TEAM had 8 assists!!!! Joey should have that all by himself.

TJ is not the problem and I would dare say is a vocal leader in the clubhouse.

Yeah, two fewer TO's and two more made threes and we wouldn't be having these conversations. The game would have still been pretty ugly, but it is hard to beat anyone when you turn the ball over 14 more times then they do.
 
Wolfpack Ram said:
Ewe said:
How bout why Theus why?!?! what's with the joey, theus line up? they never score! and Theus = turn over machine! why don't the big guys (other than larry) play? ideal line up: joey, nixon, brad, skeen, sanders with occassional ball screens for our shooters ....

Theus played 12 minutes with one turnover. Joey had 5 turnovers. Theus does not turn the ball over nearly as much as he did in December. That's a good sign. Rozzell is the one stinking up the place. He played 23 minutes with zero points, one rebound, three fouls and 2 turnovers.

:lol: :lol: That's right Wolfpack! Let's beat Rozzell to death while he's down! We get your point...on every thread! :lol: But remember while Theus was turning the ball over B-Rozz was knocking down some clutch 3's and helped us pick up some big wins. Keep your heads up Rams, let's go beat the Dragons!!
 
TJ was the heart of the team last year and this year til replaced by a more talented player. However, we were winning with the less talented player. The guy is quick and tenacious and makes things happen.
 
Back
Top