why TJ Why

TJ,

Has no business playing PF (4). Let me ask you Kirl, Santil, Skeen, or TJ. Seriously?

Just an energy guy. He cannot consistently hit the open J, He cannot post up. He always pump fakes. Yes, he does score sometimes and he has won some games. But game in and game out he shouldnt be playing instead of the bigs mentioned above.

Why not play him at the 3? With Rozell slumping he might be a better fit for the team there and he would be playing with Joey and either Brad, or Nixon giving us two good shooters as well. That would be a better fit. Gets his energy on the floor. Gets his defense on the floor and keeps a big team on the floor.

Because I doubt he knows how to play in our sets at the 3, he's not a serious outside threat (which all of our 3's are), and what he lacks in size, he makes up in heart (and pump fakes :lol: )

1. Theus/Joey on the floor at the same time seemed to be our best offensive look at JMU. "Best" however is a term used loosely when describing that game.

2. TJ and Skeen were our 2 best players at JMU. Seems to me like everyone is questioning our "heart" and our "energy" as a team from that game - and now we're calling for the one guy that played with balls out energy all night to go back to the bench? Hmm....

3. I seem to remember TJ draining quite a few open J's on Saturday. Yes, I did cringe every time he took them, but he was draining them all night.

I agree, TJ can regularly hit that 18 ft. jumper. Not always pretty, but if it goes in who cares. I can say one thing, TJ was not the reason we lost, he kept us in the game. He was the best matchup most times with their smaller lineup most of the night.

vcubanana said:
I agree, TJ can regularly hit that 18 ft. jumper. Not always pretty, but if it goes in who cares. I can say one thing, TJ was not the reason we lost, he kept us in the game. He was the best matchup most times with their smaller lineup most of the night.

would or could that be considered a good coaching move?

major ram said:
vcubanana said:

would or could that be considered a good coaching move?
Absolutely. Kirill was definitely not a great matchup for us and JMU attacked him in the one minute he played. He then collected two fouls and sat on the bench. I know Shaka knows what he is doing. Will he have some bumps along the way absolutely, welcome to life!

Back