Williams is an idiot

BradRamFan

Elite Member
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab,208335

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/6605651/

Roy williams has a Presbyterian fan ejected when the fan yells "Hey Deon, don't miss it!" during a foul shot.

Wiallims has the gual to later say, "When a fan comes in [to the Dean Dome] on our ticket to watch us play, he ought not say anything negative about our players."

First of all the fan ( Presbyterian ) barely said anything "negative". And I don't know whose ticket Williams means by "our" ticket...I think the fan BOUGHT a ticket. And finally I think the fan came to see HIS team play and hope against home that they win.

I hope the fan sues, gets a free season ticket, comes to all the home games and wears a teeshirt that says "Roy Williams is an idiot!"

Brad your right but I might add that he's an meanie as well as an idiot. VRam was right about Williams. F Williams and F UNC.

F THE WILLIAMS (Gary AND Roy!)
What a tool. I guess I'd be kicked out before the opening tip if they ever had the brass to play a home & home with us. F the ACC.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
Brad your right but I might add that he's an bunghole as well as an idiot. VRam was right about Williams. F Williams and F UNC.

Right. He's an a-hole in all matters. F him.

He's either dumber than a rock or he's completely lost his mind.

That was bush league Roy!! You know the Dookies will be all over this ....................

I don't like it when a "UR fan" sits in the C-section like the other night, but the coaches need to be above this kind of thing especially for what the fan said .................. harmless!

BOOMShakalaka said:
F THE WILLIAMS (Gary AND Roy!)
What a tool. I guess I'd be kicked out before the opening tip if they ever had the brass to play a home & home with us. F the ACC.

Haha, yeah. Save your money, you would never make it. Not that they would ever play us.

I believe the guy who was kicked out was also drunk, yelling obscenities, and not in his proper seat. I think he was sitting where the players' families sit, and was yelling during the free throws and cussing at the players and probably refs. I would have kicked him out too.

Whoooosh said:
I believe the guy who was kicked out was also drunk, yelling obscenities, and not in his proper seat. I think he was sitting where the players' families sit, and was yelling during the free throws and cussing at the players and probably refs. I would have kicked him out too.

Where did you hear that? I've read a couple articles about the incident that said just the opposite. It's also inconsistent with Williams' explanation for doing it. You buy a ticket to see UNC at home and you have to either cheer for UNC or keep quiet.

Williams:

"I don't think anybody should yell anything negative at our players. Period. Let's don't make it a bigger thing than it is. But I just don't think anybody should yell negative things toward our players (when) you come in on our tickets to watch our game."

It's not a college basketball game, it's UNC's game, his game. Imagine all the ODU fans we're gonna have to kick out of the SC.

There has to be more to the story, if Roy was kicking people off based off of this he would be kicking people out every game.

I don't believe the whole he was drunk and in the wrong seat argument. If Roy was really concerned about what seat he was in, why would he yell "Shut up! Yeah, i'm talking to you!". Even if he was in the wrong seat, doesn't a basketball coach have more important things to worry about on the court than policing the seating arrangements of the dean dome? Come on, roy. This was weak.

He wasn't in the "wrong" seat. Roy thought he was in seats given out by the Athletic Department, but turns out Roy was wrong about that too. So the campus police ejected him and after the fact raised the old conclusory standby, "he wasn't cooperating." Cooperating? What's that mean, he wasn't cheering for the home team?

Oh, and they smelled alcohol on his breath. Not that he was drunk, had alcohol on his person or anything like that, just that they smelled alcohol on his breath. darn, they would have probably had to clear out more than half the arena if that was the standard.

I don't have much tolerance for bad behaving fans, but Williams and North Carolina should be very embarrassed. Bunch of friggin' crybabies.

Back