WTH is wrong with Northeastern?

2-7 record. They were supposed to be a CAA favorite this year. Has anyone watched them play? What's the issue?

Northeastern being Northeastern! One of those wins was a prayer answered too, don't forget.

They just lost to Western Michigan
imagine a CAA team doing that ;)
Don't worry about them
just make sure VCU can beat them

Rambunctious said:
2-7 record. They were supposed to be a CAA favorite this year. Has anyone watched them play? What's the issue?

Northeastern is a hockey school. They live and die for hockey. Their entire basketball program needs major surgery for improvement. They use a 100-year old hockey rink for basketball (the Boston Celtics and the Boston Bruins played their first games in this venue). They have very, very few fans who can be put in end of the Siegel Center. Both their band and cheerleaders leave something to be desired. I am not sure they have a dance team (come to think of it, I can't remember there being a band but I am sure there was one).

The fans I met are extremely friendly and very helpful. Northeastern, like VCU, is in the middle of the city surrounded by, what seems to be, dozens of other good universities. From what I can tell, it is an excellent university, just not interested in basketball.

Having said all of that, I will visit Northeastern University for the third time this year. It's a fun place to visit.

I plan on taking my first trip to Northeastern this year

Mercury said:
I plan on taking my first trip to Northeastern this year
I noticed that the 3 venues I haven't visited yet are all scheduled this season, all on Saturdays. I just might be able to close out the list! (Northeastern, Georgia State and Hofstra)

Good thing for Northeastern is so that their so far away from the rest of the conference, because otherwise the place would turn from Red to Gold every time they faced us.

Who would have thunk that all they needed was the cozy confines of the CAA? Do the butterflies have to play them in Boston?

Methinks they will come back to us before season's end.

Back