Zeb Jackson is STILL a RAM

Some quick-glance stats for our man Zeb:

He shot 39% from the field, and 19% from three back in 22/23
Last season he shot 39%from the field, and 30% from three.

Bamisile shot 37% from 3. Fats shot 40%. Nelson 33%.

I want Zeb driving and passing and shooting close to the basket. He’s over 80% from the line. If he’s gonna make a jump, i hope he makes it in floor leadership and decision-making on offense. Seems like what we’ve seen is what we’re gonna get from 3 from him.

He had a game winning 3 point shot two years ago. Nearly half courter. And last year missed barely on a layup against Memphis. But kept the team together until Coach RO cohesivide something. He is a great guy imho.

I think he wants to be so much a part of our program that he'd likely like to coach here when his playing days are over.

He also was close to a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio after the OOC. The guy should be thrilled that Zeb is coming back instead of throwing shade at his game.
Experienced, positional mismatch with his length, terrific defender, great leader, average 3 pnt shooter. What's not to like? I know ppl who have been looking to dump him since he arrived and it never made sense to me. It makes even less now that he's old.

Some quick-glance stats for our man Zeb:

He shot 39% from the field, and 19% from three back in 22/23
Last season he shot 39%from the field, and 30% from three.

Bamisile shot 37% from 3. Fats shot 40%. Nelson 33%.

I want Zeb driving and passing and shooting close to the basket. He’s over 80% from the line. If he’s gonna make a jump, i hope he makes it in floor leadership and decision-making on offense. Seems like what we’ve seen is what we’re gonna get from 3 from him.
I feel like 33% from 3 is the threshold for having a green light. Sub 33% you should only be taking open shots from deep. Zeb got hot from 3 at the end of the year but prior to that was not making much. He generally shoots more than his shooting percentages really justify.

He also was close to a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio after the OOC. The guy should be thrilled that Zeb is coming back instead of throwing shade at his game.
Not sure if you were referring to me. But yeah, i love Zeb. He’s great and I’m definitely glad he’s coming back. Do you want him shooting more threes?

Not sure if you were referring to me. But yeah, i love Zeb. He’s great and I’m definitely glad he’s coming back. Do you want him shooting more threes?
Yeah I probably focused on the shooting comments and missed the overall context of your post. My bad on that.

I don’t think they want Zeb shooting a ton of 3s, but he has improved some in this area and could some more this offseason. He’s already pretty good from a set and squared up position.

Clip from a posted video yesterday of Zeb around campus doing some task with students:

2024-04-16-084109.jpg

Yeah I probably focused on the shooting comments and missed the overall context of your post. My bad on that.

I don’t think they want Zeb shooting a ton of 3s, but he has improved some in this area and could some more this offseason. He’s already pretty good from a set and squared up position.
It is interesting to note that during the last 10 games of the season, Zeb was shooting 37% from 3. During the first 26 games of the season, he shot 26.4%.

If Zeb is playing mostly the 1, on the ball, for us and he shoots the 3 well enough that people can't play off of him and clog passing lanes that's good. Anything more is gravy. I think we've been seeing some gravy toward the end of the season and will see even more next year. You can bet he'll be putting up a lot of shots this off season.

Back