Zeb Jackson is STILL a RAM

Good for him. I hope he makes so many TShirts that he could possibly give one to all on Black Out games! Or is that against the rules?

Good for him. I hope he makes so many TShirts that he could possibly give one to all on Black Out games! Or is that against the rules?
VCU Athletics is not allowed to purchase 7,500 Zeb Jackson shirts, nor could we afford to do it at retail prices. When we do t-shirt games it's more like $7 a shirt and often some portion (and sometimes all) of the cost is covered by a sponsor(s). But in the world of NIL there may be a workaround of which I am not aware at the moment.

VCU Athletics is not allowed to purchase 7,500 Zeb Jackson shirts, nor could we afford to do it at retail prices. When we do t-shirt games it's more like $7 a shirt and often some portion (and sometimes all) of the cost is covered by a sponsor(s). But in the world of NIL there may be a workaround of which I am not aware at the moment.
I know it's been floated before, but I wonder if Havoc UNlimited (or someone else) purchase the T-Shirts and donate them to VCU as the "sponsor". I'm not a tax/NIL lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

There seems to be a workaround for all of this NIL stuff, but not necessarily one that would make financial sense.

I know it's been floated before, but I wonder if Havoc UNlimited (or someone else) purchase the T-Shirts and donate them to VCU as the "sponsor". I'm not a tax/NIL lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
They don't need to do that. They can get money to the players more directly than buying shirts and giving them away.

Couldn't the Sponsor purchase and then donate the t-Shirts to VCU?

They don't need to do that. They can get money to the players more directly than buying shirts and giving them away.
Oh I agree, it's not the simplest or perhaps even preferred route. Though I could see it being a nice gesture to the player to have a "Zeb" night or a "Fats" night, or whoever, throughout the year. Ram fans might even see them as collectibles beyond just normal Ram shirts. Like fast food marketing cups from the 90s. You had to have the whole set! :lol:

Back