Zeb Jackson is STILL a RAM

I predict that Zeb is going to go off.
Shulga and Patrick starting backcourt early season with Zeb first off bench and Nelson getting minutes too. Next year’s backcourt must jell under RO system but we do have shooters (assuming Patrick comes on board).

Zeb should start. Too early to tell
Agreed. I don't think Bairstow plays the 2 here, or at the very least doesn't start at that spot. I think Zeb will start at PG and share minutes with Nelson. Shulga will man the 2. I think Bairstow will split time between the 3 and 4.

Agreed. I don't think Bairstow plays the 2 here, or at the very least doesn't start at that spot. I think Zeb will start at PG and share minutes with Nelson. Shulga will man the 2. I think Bairstow will split time between the 3 and 4.
you really think Nelson came here to come off the bench? for 2+ years behind Zeb (he was pi**ed with reduction in playing time at Uof R)

I don't see Zeb in the PG role, he is like Shulga in that he can handle the ball adequately, help beat the press, is unselfish but not his forte (so to speak)

I love Zeb's defense and effort and athleticism - if Odom is serious about his statements about defense, then Zeb would be integral to that approach - Zeb is more likely to get his burn as a 2 or 3 (has the size to play 3 and shoots like Bairstow from deep . i.e. inconsistent - Bairstow's advantage is as a 6'8" 3 position, he has mismatches and size advantage which was his niche at USU)

go rams

I'll breathe a little easier when 5/11 passes and we have no further portalers. Kids are still leaving.

you really think Nelson came here to come off the bench? for 2+ years behind Zeb (he was pi**ed with reduction in playing time at Uof R)

I don't see Zeb in the PG role, he is like Shulga in that he can handle the ball adequately, help beat the press, is unselfish but not his forte (so to speak)

I love Zeb's defense and effort and athleticism - if Odom is serious about his statements about defense, then Zeb would be integral to that approach - Zeb is more likely to get his burn as a 2 or 3 (has the size to play 3 and shoots like Bairstow from deep . i.e. inconsistent - Bairstow's advantage is as a 6'8" 3 position, he has mismatches and size advantage which was his niche at USU)

go rams
It's hard to say. Zeb may have only stayed because he didn't want to sit before his senior year, but I doubt he'd be too happy about a redshirt sophomore starting over him. Someone is going to be unhappy, and it's the coach's job to manage that. Maybe Nelson and Shulga start, and Zeb has the same role as last year -- coming off the bench to back up both positions. I have a feeling, though, that if that happens Zeb is out of here as soon as he graduates. Of course, that may happen regardless if he thinks he can get back into the P6.

I hope and expect that playing time will be determined in practice, and that Odom is not going to create expectations before he actually sees these kids play. My own personal expectations as to who will start are well-formed but not worth posting.

Rest easy on Patrick. He is the one right now I know is coming.

Looks like Brad Burgess is now onboard as an assistant too. Oh and Coach Odom may hire another female assistant.
There have been rumors over the last few weeks. Hopefully, this is true.

Brad is a mellow guy, but he is respected in RVA hoops plus he really has a Chesterfield connection. Plus, he knows the game.

Its a win, win all around.

Back