Zeb Jackson is a RAM

It's hard to say. Zeb may have only stayed because he didn't want to sit before his senior year, but I doubt he'd be too happy about a redshirt sophomore starting over him. Someone is going to be unhappy, and it's the coach's job to manage that. Maybe Nelson and Shulga start, and Zeb has the same role as last year -- coming off the bench to back up both positions. I have a feeling, though, that if that happens Zeb is out of here as soon as he graduates. Of course, that may happen regardless if he thinks he can get back into the P6.
Its not this true senior year with regards to eligibility. He has two more due to the Covid year.

Its basketball someone is always unhappy but if the coach isnt playing favorites guys understand. Whether players want to admit it you know, when you know.

Its too early to know what Zeb is going to do. Alll we know is he is around for another year and he is a tremendous athlete who can defend.

I think we see a jump in his offensive production as I stated, it was easier for John's to break through as we were think in the front court. Our backcourt was pretty much set when Zeb got here, with Kern, Watkins, and Banks all busting him to pt at the 3. And then their was Shriver.
I cases like this a guy sometimes defers to the guys with more tenure their first year. Next year will be different.

Ed Nixon just confirmed it in the video posted on the insider page a little while ago. Bradford Burgess is joining Odom’s staff. No mention of the position, just that Brad will be joining the staff.
I’m guessing as a non-recruiting assistant. The 2 USU guys and Theus should be the 3 main assistants.

I’m guessing as a non-recruiting assistant. The 2 USU guys and Theus should be the 3 main assistants.
I would assume so too. Maybe he’ll be the director of player development. Pretty sure that was his most recent position with the Chicago Bulls. Just happy to have Brad on staff, regardless of his job title.

I would assume so too. Maybe he’ll be the director of player development. Pretty sure that was his most recent position with the Chicago Bulls. Just happy to have Brad on staff, regardless of his job title.
I’ll be happy if he’s back, but it sounds like a backwards move for him if there aren’t promises of a real assistant coaching position. These 4th and 5th assistant coaching spots seem like good spots at schools that have money to blow on extra coaches.

I’ll be happy if he’s back, but it sounds like a backwards move for him if there aren’t promises of a real assistant coaching position. These 4th and 5th assistant coaching spots seem like good spots at schools that have money to blow on extra coaches.
It's a pathway move for him.

May be a move backwards optically, but may not be financially…..either route, seems like a move towards coaching more than wealth accumulation.

How much does a NBA Player Development make? As of May 2, 2023, the average annual pay for a NBA Player Development in the United States is $58,472 a year.

That’s the NBA salary. It will be interesting to see what the salary will be for the new 4th and 5th assistant coaches at VCU.
Theus was making $53k as director of player development before leaving in '22. I'm assuming the floor for assistant coach is higher than that.

You can live on that in Richmond with no trouble.
No one suggested that was a concern.

Shared as I would have expected the NBA salary to be more and thus more challenging to match. Maybe not.

Back