2024-25 Roster Thread

Here we go again. Same format as last year. Hopefully with a little less action the first week. Not making any assumptions about who may be returning until they have either indicated that they are coming back or the portal closes on May 1st. I will edit this post daily if things are changing to keep the most recent info at the top. With that being said let's have a great off season and put together a roster that can win the A10!

2023-24 Roster

Fr. Michael Belle
RS Fr. Fats Billups
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Tobi Lawal
So. Christian Fermin
So. Jason Nelson
Jr. Roosevelt Wheeler
Sr. Max Shulga
Sr. Zeb Jackson
Sr. Connor Odom-Walk On
Sr. Joe Bamisile
Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Out Of Eligibility

Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Recruits Signed

Brandon Jennings

Portal Out

Jason Nelson
Roosevelt Wheeler
Tobi Lawal - VPI
Max Shulga

Portal In

Jack Clark - From Clemson

2024-25 Roster

Fr. Brandon Jennings - Signed 11/10/23
5th Yr. Sr. Joe Bamisile - Indicated He Is Returning
5th Yr. Sr. Zeb Jackson - Indicated He Is Returning
7th Yr. Sr. Jack Clark

4 of 13 Scholarships

Last edited:
Agree The scheduling conundrum is just ridiculous. There are plenty of teams in this same boat that have a hard time getting teams to come play at their gym. They need to get over themselves and just schedule eachother. All of the conferences right at or just below the P5 should do this: A10, MWC, MVC, AAC, WCC etc. There are plenty of opportunities for resume building games just from those conferences. Odom should swallow his pride and schedule a H-H with USU. Now that's a top tier matchup coming off of last season.

The MWC already has a scheduling alliance with the MVC, but that only gives 1 game, home or away each year.

Is there anything to suggest that he wouldn't do this? Has he said he wouldn't? I don't know if he had it in his contract, like we have in our coaches contracts.... but I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to do it at some point.

Heck, most of our matchups with former coaches don't happen in year 1 anyway.... Shoot, I'm not sure any of them happened in year 1. MR didn't, WW didn't, Shaka didn't, Grant didn't, Capel didn't, ,and I don't know before that.

So unless hes said that he won't do play them.... I don't know why he wouldn't, especially if they stay competitive like they have been & were this year.

A big body 5 that can pop out and shoot a little bit, giving Tobi freedom to play the 4 and fly around all over the place. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Zeb, Joe, Brickus (and the not going to happen long shot of Max coming back) gives us a killer experienced back court. The A10 is a guard dominated league, and that would have to be arguably the best backcourt in the A10. Fill in with a shooter or two around them and look out!
If Brickus becomes a Ram, how many years eligibility?

Is there anything to suggest that he wouldn't do this? Has he said he wouldn't? I don't know if he had it in his contract, like we have in our coaches contracts.... but I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to do it at some point.

Heck, most of our matchups with former coaches don't happen in year 1 anyway.... Shoot, I'm not sure any of them happened in year 1. MR didn't, WW didn't, Shaka didn't, Grant didn't, Capel didn't, ,and I don't know before that.

So unless hes said that he won't do play them.... I don't know why he wouldn't, especially if they stay competitive like they have been & were this year.
There's no contract stipulation for something like this. USU typically goes for a larger buyout rather than a series clause. I'm not saying Odom wouldn't do this, but most coaches don't voluntarily go back to the lion's den of their previous employer. I'd be surprised if he were willing. Both the A10 and MWC play a ton of games on CBS Sports, so this would be a marquee noncon matchup that they could feature.

Nelson, Jackson, Bam, Jennings coming in, Shulga( Hasn't left yet), Fats, Belle, Fermin, Okafor.

We have 6 scholarship players on the roster. 7 if you count Brandon (he'll soon be on the roster).
Okafor was supposedly given a scholarship last year too... and Technically Shulga aint left yet.... nor has he entered the portal.

So I think thats where X has 9 (counting Jennings too).

As for holiday tournaments? I kind of hate them...but ONLY because VCU has flagged and failed in (checks notes) EVERY HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT WE'VE EVER PLAYED!!
That is a popular narrative but if you go back and look at our at large seasons those tournaments usually helped boost our resume. Even one win against a team that typically won't even play us could be the boost that we need. They are a great boost for our SOS numbers as well.

Nelson, Jackson, Bam, Jennings coming in, Shulga( Hasn't left yet), Fats, Belle, Fermin, Okafor.
If you want to count Max and Okafor (charity scholarship to a walk on last year; "I was going to throw this out, do you want it?") that's up to you. If Odom is counting them, well, that's a different scale of problem

If you want to count Max and Okafor (charity scholarship to a walk on last year; "I was going to throw this out, do you want it?") that's up to you. If Odom is counting them, well, that's a different scale of problem
Sure.

7 or 9. I'm counting all of them until they are gone, replaced, more added in.

That is a popular narrative but if you go back and look at our at large seasons those tournaments usually helped boost our resume. Even one win against a team that typically won't even play us could be the boost that we need. They are a great boost for our SOS numbers as well.
like UCLA in 2011.

I'll just say this here. I am glad we have Odom right now instead of MR. MR was a player relationship guy, but that only gets you so far in the era of transfers and bags of cash. Odom is a much better X's and O's coach, and I have a lot more faith in him that he can max out players in the one year he likely has them.

*runs before the Rhoades truthers come at me*

Back