How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

To clarify, I said I was fine with him coming back, wouldn't lose any sleep if he decided not to return. And I said I'm good with him coming back as long as he isn't our #1 guy in spite of his accolades this season. In other words, I don't see him as being indispensable as some others seem to consider him.

Let me also clarify this (because I know some people with selective memory would bring this up if it happened), if Shulga walked and we didn't bring in better players and we struggled, I don't want anybody playing the "see, I told you" card. All of this is predicated on Ryan working this portal and upgrading our talent. Of course if Ryan swings and misses in the portal I would desperately want to see him back.

I just don't see Shulga as the type of player we can heavily lean on to lead us to where we want to the program to be (i.e. the dance). He can absolutely be a piece of the puzzle as I've told other numerous times.
So as long as we bring in players that are better than him we don't need him? That seems obvious but it is not easy to do.

let's be honest - It is Odom's job to get the best players to VCU as possible - I have nooooooo problem if he overrecruits every one of our returners

if we are going to be a school that believes our coach can make existing players a lot better than I think we may be sorely disappointed in the development of a few of them at a minimum (only a few will really develop imho - )

that said I would love to have Shulga back - goodness he had a great year despite some of the criticism posters lobbed his way - no idea if he was injured , ailing or why he wasn't dominating for the last 3 weeks but give some credit to the teams we played and how they defended Max

I still see us in a bind next season with Zeb, Bam and Shulga all real #2 guards and none with traditional point guard skills , plus I didn;t see a real chemistry between the 3 when they played together - too much hero ball, though neither Shulga nor Zeb are selfish with the ball (maybe we need to fire our point guard coach - yeah that is tongue in cheek to the prior comment about firing our bigs coach too)

we really need someone to stir the drink as the traditional point guard that can defend too, and slide to a 3 guard offense with shulga as the 3

Last year was fun, we overachieved in my mind and competed in over 75% of our games - made a great late season run for the dance and acquitted ourselves with nice road wins at Villanova and USF

go Rams and Odom

I'm going to take a wild guess without even looking him up, he has arms with zero muscle definition?
6'11 - 240. Was 50th in the nation in offensive rebounding. That's about to take a nosedive

Back