NCAA Transfer & NIL Policies

Wake me up when it's over...if I weren't a drinking man, this topic would drive me there.

How are the state P5 universities going to be able to pay a million dollar salary to a state employee?

You will probably have some players that are being paid more money than the coach. If they become university employees, will they still have to attend class? Will they still be classified as a student or student-athlete?

How are the state P5 universities going to be able to pay a million dollar salary to a state employee?

You will probably have some players that are being paid more money than the coach. If they become university employees, will they still have to attend class? Will they still be classified as a student or student-athlete?
More like Big Man on campus.

State employees ?

might have to go thru an application & interview panel

Great ESPN article that falls in line with these topics. Also, some nice quotes from VCU AD Ed McLaughlin. Definitely worth the time to read. Ed really nails the tournament expansion stuff with his greed quote....solid!

THIS!! Leave it to the NCAA to just biff every dang decision of import....Mark Emmert suuuuucked!!
The NCAA's decision to extend its television contract in 2016 came with eight years left on the existing deal, which was set to expire after the 2024 NCAA tournament. If the NCAA hadn't extended the contract early, bidding for the next rights deal would have started nearly two years ago amid a ripe market flush with potential cash from streamers looking to get the rights to top-tier sports content.

"The 2010 negotiations were very intentional and intricate regarding how the broadcast agreements were crafted and the specific timelines that were involved," said former NCAA executive Greg Shaheen, who now works as a consultant. "All of the benefit from that work was lost when the agreement was renegotiated a few years later."

Instead, the NCAA pushed the next round of negotiations out to 2032 and accepted only small annual increases. The move was made to assure income, but it will be remembered for costing the NCAA and its member schools billions.

Last edited:
Great ESPN article that falls in line with these topics. Also, some nice quotes from VCU AD Ed McLaughlin. Definitely worth the time to read. Ed really nails the tournament expansion stuff with his greed quote....solid!

THIS!! Leave it to the NCAA to just biff every dang decision of import....Mark Emmert suuuuucked!!
Pretty good article and some good quotes by Ed. I'm pretty happy he's around during this era of major uncertainty.

Back