NCAA Transfer & NIL Policies

Now there is lawsuit over eligibility…makes sense …how can you be denied the opportunity to earn just because you already played 4 years

Wild West just got more wild
Because the two players suing were on Ivy League teams in 2020-21. The Ivy League did not play the 2020-21 season, so they technically didn't get the COVID year that literally every other college basketball player got. I'm not sure I have a problem with that.

They're not suing for a blanket extra year for every college athlete.

Last edited:
Because the two players suing were on Ivy League teams in 2020-21. The Ivy League did not play the 2020-21 season, so they technically didn't get the COVID year that literally every other college basketball player got. I'm not sure I have a problem with that.

Anyone who thinks things will normalize after the COVID year players are flushed from the system is not paying attention. With NIL > G League, we are going to have 10 year "college" players. If players = employees, ANY agreement among competitors in the market for their labor that restricts their employment -- like a limit to eligibility, class-attendance requirements, minimum GPAs etc -- becomes a restraint of trade and suspect under the Sherman Act.

Until Congress acts, the players unionize, and the NCAA becomes a multi-employer bargaining association, college basketball (and football for that matter) will be businesses with marketing alliances with colleges and no more

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks things will normalize after the COVID year players are flushed from the system is not paying attention. With NIL > G League, we are going to have 10 year "college" players. If players = employees, ANY agreement among competitors in the market for their labor that restricts their employment -- like a limit to eligibility, class-attendance requirements, minimum GPAs etc -- becomes a restraint of trade and suspect under the Sherman Act.

Until Congress acts, the players unionize, and the NCAA becomes a multi-employer bargaining association, college basketball (and football for that matter) will be businesses with marketing alliances with colleges and no more
I said months ago that in the near future the players would not even be students...I believed it then and still believe it today

I said months ago that in the near future the players would not even be students...I believed it then and still believe it today
Kind of defeats the purpose of going to college.

I'm in for one more year at least.

This case might not get us there, but it’s a step towards suing against eligibility limits. I don’t think (hope) we get to a point where you don’t have to be enrolled at a school to play anytime soon. But I do think the amount of years you have to play will get put to court soon. Limiting someone’s earning potential isn’t going to fly if they bring it to court in my super not a lawyer opinion.

Back