RIP Bill Jones

Ramaholic

Elite Member
I just learned that Bill Jones died. Bill was an ordained Deacon that gave the opening prayer at many RAF functions. He was sharp as a tack. He was a very high end (yet humble donor) at the highest level. He was a successful insurance executive. He was a top donor well before the F4 run and long time season ticket holder.. He was also a football player and very successful track star at the University of Arkansas. I believe he was All America in the 100yd dash. But when you peeled back the achievements, he was such a kind and caring man. He led a remarkable yet humble life.

Last edited:
I just learned that Bill Jones died. Bill was an ordained Deacon that gave the opening prayer at many RAF functions. He was sharp as a tack. He was a very high end (yet humble donor) at the highest level. He was a successful insurance executive. He was a top donor well before the F4 run and long time season ticket holder.. He was also a football player and very successful track star at the University of Arkansas. I believe he was All America in the 100yd dash. But when you peeled back the achievements, he was such a kind and caring man. He led a remarkable yet humble life.
Wow. A very sad day indeed.

Bill was a good man. I really enjoyed his presence. He always had a smile on his face.
We attended quite a few road games together. Never knew he was a star athlete.

He was around way before the FF run. He was a a true fan.

He will be missed.

Thanks for this sad notice guys like Bill deserve to be honored and remembered.

This is very sad news. Bill was a truly great man and he loved VCU basketball. Not a kinder soul could be found and his loss will be felt especially by us "old timers". He went to so many games, home and away and was a great donor. I will miss him very much but glad that his illness is no more. RIP Bill. We love you.

So sad to hear this. Bill was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He was a very caring person, and I always enjoyed my conversations with him. He was always so positive. I will miss seeing him at future VCU games! RIP Bill.

Back