2016-17 A-10 Award Predictions

Mistachill

Elite Member
Here are the preseason poll results:
Atlantic10.png

Just off the top I think JQ gets second team all-A10.

JT should definitely make second or third team all-A10.

Mo makes all-defense with Hassan Martin being DPOY. Maybe Brooks sneaks in.

I think Dave Paulsen is coach of the year and Jaylen Adams POY.

Last edited:
POY-T.J. Cline
COY- Archie Miller
DPOY- Mo Alie-Cox
All-A10
Mobley
Cline
Gibbs
Martin
Cavanaugh

lol c'mon now. You know we will be getting snubbed. this happens every year.
I know I'm all VCU but it will be more ways to downplay VCU by the A10. Why isn't Coach Wade's name in the conversation? I just don't get it.

I know I'm all VCU but it will be more ways to downplay VCU by the A10. Why isn't Coach Wade's name in the conversation? I just don't get it.
Probably because we were predicted to finish #3 and we finished #2, pretty close to what was expected. Same with Dayton (which is why I don't think Miller gets it).

Unless a team expected to be #1 just dominates the conference, COY usually goes to the coach with the biggest gap between expectations and results. Mason was expected to be a bottom feeder and did way better than anticipated.

I could be way off, but unless one team is so clearly dominant, Coah-of-the-Year usually comes down to what team really outperformed expectations. Mason finished 5 spots above their predicted finish. No other team is even close to this. Paulsen deserves it.

Martin is probably the DPOY. Mo should be on the All-defensive team, but Martin has the stats.

Player of the year is tough. Is it an MVP award or is it the best player? I always hate to give anything to UR, but I think Cline deserves it. If not Cline, then Adams of Bonaventure. So many deserving guys. I would take Scoochie over Cooke for first team as well. Frankly, I think JQ makes 3rd team and I think Tillman deserves either 2nd or 3rd team, too. So many good players in this league that someone will get snubbed.

Back