2017 Bracketology Thread

• Thread starter BracketForecast
  • Start date
Exactly. ACC having an amazing year so when you have all these chances at home for top 50 wins, you'll probably win some. VCU would have way more top 50 wins if they had that many chances at home.
The worst thing about it all is teams like Syracuse get knocked out in the 1st round of their tournament then get selected and play on over a weeks rest.

That will be a big game. Another question is if Middle Tennessee does not get the autobid do they get an at large bid? Illinois State has 1 top 50 home win and 3 sub 100 losses.
Hard to say. Middle Tennessee has 2 top 50 win, a neutral site win over UNCW and a win at Vanderbilt. They lost their only other top 50 game (against us). I'm not sure if wins over Belmont and Ole Miss are enough considering they lost to UTEP and Tennessee State.

The worst thing about it all is teams like Syracuse get knocked out in the 1st round of their tournament then get selected and play on over a weeks rest.
Yup and if they do get in they could possibly win a game or two because of their style of play. Then everybody will think picking them was the right choice

Hard to say. Middle Tennessee has 2 top 50 win, a neutral site win over UNCW and a win at Vanderbilt. They lost their only other top 50 game (against us). I'm not sure if wins over Belmont and Ole Miss are enough considering they lost to UTEP and Tennessee State.
That is a good question. I would rather they get in and think they should get in over a Syracuse due to winning on the road/ neutral court but my opinion means nothing.

I'm bored at work so here's a random tidbit. According to RPI wizard, if Fordham ends up beating mason and then losing to us, they are projected to have a final RPI of 199, which would thus eliminate (just barely) any sub-200 rpi losses for us.

I think the 1 Seed who looks vulnerable is Villanova.
1. Their bigs are inexperienced.
2. They have good shooters, but not in the volume of the Zags.
3. The Big East may be a little over-rated this year. Nova had a close game with LaSalle. They beat St Johns by a similar margin to us beating St Johns. Close home win over UVa in a season where the Cav's didn't play well on the road.
4. Plus we owe them one for the beat down they put on us a few years ago.
I think Jay Wright may have posted this in the locker room this morning. Holy carp, not so sure that Nova still looks very vulnerable after the thrashing they just put on St Johns.

I think Jay Wright may have posted this in the locker room this morning. Holy carp, not so sure that Nova still looks very vulnerable after the thrashing they just put on St Johns.
News flash: no #1 seed is going to be easy to beat. Of the likely #1s, I think we match up vs. Nova about as well as any. They don't have tons of experienced size. Would be a huge upset for us to win nonetheless.

News flash: no #1 seed is going to be easy to beat. Of the likely #1s, I think we match up vs. Nova about as well as any. They don't have tons of experienced size. Would be a huge upset for us to win nonetheless.
I agree with this most, others are begging for a date with Zags if it comes down to facing a 1. Either way it's gonna take some magic but probably less so vs Nova.

But it does happen. TCU tops Kansas today, 85-82.

Kansas was without star freshman starter Josh Jackson (one game suspension for backing into a car and fleeing the scene).

Back