Recruiting 2019 3* PF Hason Ward has committed to VCU!

Recruiting Ram

Elite Member

Hason Ward generated the most talk over the weekend

One of the best 2019 big men left unsigned this spring, Ward has always had the motor and the body, but the fact that he is now making shots just adds another dimension to all he can do. A solid athlete that can protect his team’s basket, score in traffic, rebound at a quality clip and also extend the defense with the perimeter jumper, Ward is going to be a fine spring addition. Rider, Siena and VCU could host him for an official visit as he is hoping to commit before June.

Has already completed an OV to Rider and Rhode Island

Has notable offers from the Bonnies, Rutgers, and Georgia.

6'9 Athletic PF

Just bumped into this young man on campus today. The entire coaching staff was walking him around campus. Needless to say, I let out a "go rams," and coach invited me to talk about the program from a fan's point-of-view. Only spoke to Hason for a minute or so, but he seems like a great young man. I suspect I'm not the only one who really hopes he chooses us.

Go Rams!

Just bumped into this young man on campus today. The entire coaching staff was walking him around campus. Needless to say, I let out a "go rams," and coach invited me to talk about the program from a fan's point-of-view. Only spoke to Hason for a minute or so, but he seems like a great young man. I suspect I'm not the only one who really hopes he chooses us.

Go Rams!
Thanks for that!

Go Rams!

Way to represent.

Hason would be a tremendous get for the Rams. He would be a perfect system fit. He possesses the length and athleticism Mike covets. Having locked-up an elite PG we now need that elite rim protector. Hason would really have an opportunity to develop both his skill-set and body under the tutelage of Brent Scott who of course played in the NBA. I love that 7'4" reach.

Way to represent.

Hason would be a tremendous get for the Rams. He would be a perfect system fit. He possesses the length and athleticism Mike covets. Having locked-up an elite PG we now need that elite rim protector. Hason would really have an opportunity to develop both his skill-set and body under the tutelage of Brent Scott who of course played in the NBA. I love that 7'4" reach.
Yup, I think he could really make life miserable for opponents on defense and our system will have plenty of opportunity for offense to go with that.
Crossing fingers also!?

7’4” wingspan with athleticism? Yes please.

Over the last 15 years I believe the only VCU Ram who has had a larger wingspan is Larry Sanders. I think Mo’s was 7’2” and he was a beast.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered. It seems like he has considerable potential and upside given his intangibles. Here’s hoping we can close the deal.

Hopefully Hason is cognizant of the fact that there will be plenty of playing time available and with Coach Scott on staff he can develop to his full potential. Athletic big-men with a 7'4" reach are hard to come by. He is also a terrific young man. If he commits he will be a Ramnation favorite.

Back