Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Okafor was the 4th option behind DeLoach. Not even the #2 and #3 option got decent playing time behind Deloach. Now you take away Deloach and add in Wheeler or Reid if he wants playing time.....that would put Okafor as the 5th option at the center position.

Kindly provide info where he "shoots the 3". I have watch full year highlights of his 19-20 HS season and not a single three attempted, let alone made.
I think some of you people just make stuff up in order suit whatever message you want to get across..

In fact, I do not see Okafor, Lawal, Fermin, Wheeler or Reid playing anything other than the 5 spot. As much as they would like to be a four, none of them have shown to have college level talent (at present) to play the 4 spot because none of them show the skills (in college) to shoot the three ball. Which means, if they are out on the perimeter, the only way they will get a basket is if they drive to the basket. As a defender, that is a dream come true because you know exactly what they are going to do if they want to score.....drive to the bucket.
The only player that comes close is Reid. But he has shot the 3 at a 21.7% clip in college.....5/23 total 3 pointer. Even Kern....and we all know how many many feel about Kern's 3 point shooting was higher at 25%, albeit on only 8 attempts.
lawal will play some at the 4

lawal will play some at the 4
I think Odom expects his 4 to be able to shoot the open 3 - not sure he wants Lawal to play that role without an ability to shoot from deep (now maybe a 5-7 minute run as a 4 in situations

this team will be built around a 4 out and 1 in approach at first (maybe he will adjust if not successful but I doubt it so quickly) - they will launch 800+ 3 FGA IMHO (the ball will be super hot !!!!!)

go Rams and go Odom

I think Odom expects his 4 to be able to shoot the open 3 - not sure he wants Lawal to play that role without an ability to shoot from deep (now maybe a 5-7 minute run as a 4 in situations

this team will be built around a 4 out and 1 in approach at first (maybe he will adjust if not successful but I doubt it so quickly) - they will launch 800+ 3 FGA IMHO (the ball will be super hot !!!!!)

go Rams and go Odom
Not sure how sustainable it'd be on defense but Tobi could be hellacious in a designated dunker/offensive rebounder role. Even if he's nominally the 5 in those situations I think he can flourish for at least a short stint like you said.

I gotta believe that right now, with our current committed roster, Bairstow would play the bulk of the minutes at the 4. Probably more of a 4 guards and a 5 type of offense.

Let’s see who else wants wear black and gold. Things could change.

I gotta believe that right now, with our current committed roster, Bairstow would play the bulk of the minutes at the 4. Probably more of a 4 guards and a 5 type of offense.

Let’s see who else wants wear black and gold. Things could change.
Bairstow can help get Belle ready.

Efton is the last piece of the puzzle if Odom closes on Belle on his trip to France (and the NCAA let’s Bam and Reid play next season).

Zeb-Nelson
Shulga-Patrick
Bam-Fats
Bairstow-Belle
Reid-Wheeler

Last edited:
A full ride scholarship is a heck of a thing! I remember reading a couple of years ago that a VCU full ride scholly had an assessed value of over $50,000 dollars! Not to mention the +- stipend of $4,000 per year or the NCAA program money of up to $5,960 available per year for academic success! The best of everything! Outstanding food, accommodations, travel, gear, state of the art practice facility, sports medicine, tutoring availability and I'm sure many others things. This is a blessing to most student athletes and their families. Most, but not all!
What, are you crazy? This stuff isn’t worth a crap these days unless there is at least 50 G in NIL that a recruit can be guaranteed without having to do a dam thing.

I had thought about contributing to our collective, but the more I think about it, it’s a crock of shet.

Kids should go to the G league if they want to get paid and don’t value a college education. The free exposure they get, in addition to everything else, is worth quite a bit whether they have ambitions for pro ball, or whether it’s gaining an edge in the job market once they graduate.

In about 10 years we will be hearing about the lost hundreds of thousands of dollars from 30yo ex-college players who suddenly became wealthy without the financial education and guidance and who are now broke. Before you blast me, please reference the 30for30 on NBA players who have suffered the same fate. If we wanted to really help them, financial education and advisement should be included. My youngest is in early 20's and if I stoked him a check for $100,000 tonight, the Benz would be in the driveway tomorrow night. I am not against giving them money that is rightfully theirs and sharing in the pie, but my goodness, we are doing them a disservice if we do not provide at least some guidance.

In about 10 years we will be hearing about the lost hundreds of thousands of dollars from 30yo ex-college players who suddenly became wealthy without the financial education and guidance and who are now broke. Before you blast me, please reference the 30for30 on NBA players who have suffered the same fate. If we wanted to really help them, financial education and advisement should be included. My youngest is in early 20's and if I stoked him a check for $100,000 tonight, the Benz would be in the driveway tomorrow night. I am not against giving them money that is rightfully theirs and sharing in the pie, but my goodness, we are doing them a disservice if we do not provide at least some guidance.
I’d rather have money and blow it than to never have the money at all. And I’m pretty sure you would to. Blowing money can actually be quite fun.

As you said, these players need to receive financial advice. That’s not a reason to have any reservations about them make money off their names, images, and likenesses. I’m pretty sure a lot of schools are counseling their athletes.

“Hey kid, you don’t know how to manage your money. You probably should stay an amateur for the next 4-5 years while we don’t teach you how to manage money.” For some reason, I imagined this quote in Harrison Ford’s voice.

Last edited:
Bairstow can help get Belle ready.

Efton is the last piece of the puzzle if Odom closes on Belle on his trip to France (and the NCAA let’s Bam and Reid play next season).

Zeb-Nelson
Shulga-Patrick
Bam-Fats
Bairstow-Belle
Reid-Wheeler
Now that looks more like the lineup I was thinking about

What, are you crazy? This stuff isn’t worth a crap these days unless there is at least 50 G in NIL that a recruit can be guaranteed without having to do a dam thing.

I had thought about contributing to our collective, but the more I think about it, it’s a crock of shet.

Kids should go to the G league if they want to get paid and don’t value a college education. The free exposure they get, in addition to everything else, is worth quite a bit whether they have ambitions for pro ball, or whether it’s gaining an edge in the job market once they graduate.
Rhoades had this figured out a while ago.

Back