Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

We didn't have a player above 6 foot 8-9 see legit minutes this year, gonna be weird to seee multiple 6ft10-11 and 7ft players playing for us lol.

Now that I know we have German player...the hogan's heroes intro is going thru my head for the rest of the day..

My father was friends with Verner Klemperer "Colonel Klink".

Whenever we had family gatherings in the 80's....we had to be super mindful NOT to watch Hogan's Heroes around my Great Uncle Bob....he was on the crew of a B-17 Bomber that was shot down near Germany and spent the rest of the war in a German POW camp. He was pretty banged up after he bailed out and the German doctors saved his life (but not one of his eyes).....so he did NOT dig the lighthearted and bumbling German portrayal....for my part, I'm pretty sure Hilda (and Daisy Duke) kick started puberty for me...

Aaaaaaaaaaand back to basketball.....

Both Rhoades and JJ will be fine.

JJ --> Indiana
Wahab -> Penn St.
Njie -> Notre Dame.
I can't see DeLoach at Indiana. They landed the #2 kid in the portal. A previous 5 star 7 footer from Oregon. I assumed that's why he didn't go to his previously scheduled visit as the commitment was announced ahead of his visit.

The Penn State fan podcast discussed Jalen DeLoach reopening his recruitment. Basically, Rhoades blew it.

Deloach stuff starts at about 13:30 and just before that they are talking about Evan Mahaffey choosing between Dayton and Ohio St. since he is from Dayton.

Another 247 Penn state mod said "Jalen DeLoach is not happening for Penn State. Not 100 percent sure what happened since there was a lot of positive intel entering his official visit -- to the point where I almost put in a Crystal Ball pick. From asking around, I think this has more to do with DeLoach wanting to forge his "own path" instead of following the VCU staff and his former VCU teammates to State College than anything else. DeLoach got on campus, saw what he needed to see and is now moving on with his process."

Really it just sounds like they have no idea what happened

Another 247 Penn state mod said "Jalen DeLoach is not happening for Penn State. Not 100 percent sure what happened since there was a lot of positive intel entering his official visit -- to the point where I almost put in a Crystal Ball pick. From asking around, I think this has more to do with DeLoach wanting to forge his "own path" instead of following the VCU staff and his former VCU teammates to State College than anything else. DeLoach got on campus, saw what he needed to see and is now moving on with his process."
Translation from a VCU point of view: He got on campus, saw their crappy practice facility and shared arena, and wasn't impressed.

Deloach stuff starts at about 13:30 and just before that they are talking about Evan Mahaffey choosing between Dayton and Ohio St. since he is from Dayton.

Really it just sounds like they have no idea what happened
Barring a huge change of heart, he was never going to Penn State.

Back