2023 Brooklyn Roll Call

Go to the New York Transit Museum. You won't regret it.
That's been on my to-do list. The other one I've heard is good is the Tenement Museum.

I'm somewhat of a train geek. If, like me, you haven't been up to NYC on Amtrak since 2020, it should be a different experience. They've since opened the new Moynihan Train Hall to replace the old Penn Station.
Yep it's open. Bit of a sad backstory about someone who was a strong advocate and led the redevelopment effort on behalf of the State. Really nice, smart and humble guy who was always a pleasure to work with.

Are seats general admission again this year?
The pink is GA

1678058464379-jpeg.21831

I wonder if they'll divide up the GA, like Verizon Center did last year? My Rhody tickets say section "SCH7"
I'm sneaking out to another location if they put me in the middle of the opposition!

Rhody tends to offer ticket books to other schools for good prices.
Rhody is sold out I think, assuming I went to the right site yesterday. Goomoos the same price as vcu. Then I found out I can’t swing leaving RVA so I quit looking :-/

Thanks for this. This will be my first A10 tourney (daughter is a freshman and I live in NYC suburbs). So there is no problem purchasing tix that say "SCH6", or "FAN", or "Atlantic 10 Schools", right?
Not sure about that. You will need to make sure thru VCU or the ticket office.

For anyone only interested in the VCU sessions our friends in the west end are selling their ticket allotment by session. Not as good as the URI deal but probably still cheaper than buying a booklet anywhere else.

I haven't been able to check in to any threads for some time, but I'm road tripping to Brooklyn for the festivities this weekend. It took me a minute but I found where @Natty tweeted back on Feb. 9th that the VCU HQ would be a place called Black Forest on Fulton Ave. Anyone that was in Brooklyn make it by there today?

I haven't been able to check in to any threads for some time, but I'm road tripping to Brooklyn for the festivities this weekend. It took me a minute but I found where @Natty tweeted back on Feb. 9th that the VCU HQ would be a place called Black Forest on Fulton Ave. Anyone that was in Brooklyn make it by there today?
I have not yet. I saw this on the VCU Alumni page and figured I'd wait until Saturday:

Fan Headquarters​

Prior to each VCU game, hang out and enjoy VCU camaraderie.

Where: Black Forest Brooklyn – 733 Fulton St., Brooklyn, NY 11217 (nearest subway station is Atlantic Avenue – Barclays Center or Lafayette Avenue)
When: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 11, and Sunday, March 12 (if VCU moves to the semifinals/finals)
Cost: Free; enjoy VCU swag and hang out with VCU alumni and fans.

I have not yet. I saw this on the VCU Alumni page and figured I'd wait until Saturday:

Fan Headquarters​

Prior to each VCU game, hang out and enjoy VCU camaraderie.

Where: Black Forest Brooklyn – 733 Fulton St., Brooklyn, NY 11217 (nearest subway station is Atlantic Avenue – Barclays Center or Lafayette Avenue)
When: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 11, and Sunday, March 12 (if VCU moves to the semifinals/finals)
Cost: Free; enjoy VCU swag and hang out with VCU alumni and fans.

Do they have TVs? I was talking to a guy who really knows the bar scene in Brooklyn on Tuesday evening and he told me that he did not think they do. This afternoon (our stupid a$$ed day off) there are lots of games on TV, and we want to go where we can watch basketball. Love to give them the business, but it they don't have 2 or 3 really nice TVs, I'll find someplace else.

Do they have TVs? I was talking to a guy who really knows the bar scene in Brooklyn on Tuesday evening and he told me that he did not think they do. This afternoon (our stupid a$$ed day off) there are lots of games on TV, and we want to go where we can watch basketball. Love to give them the business, but it they don't have 2 or 3 really nice TVs, I'll find someplace else.
Don't know. Haven't been there yet.
For the day off, I'm heading to the Met Museum today. I'm also going to keep an eye on Big East ticket prices and see if they drop closer to 6:30. I've never seen a game at MSG before, and Shaka is facing off against Dan Hurley!

Back