2024-2025 Roster

I agree with targeting a big but also I think it is easy to discount the work that our players do in the off-season. Very excited for Fermin he is not perfect but made a huge leap from his first year. You can see where he needs to improve but that makes me more excited. Hope he is back

Potential 24-25 roster- Depending on Okafor- 2 or 3 Scholarships?

Zeb
Max
Nelson
Fats
Bam
Belle
Fermin
Lawal
Wheeler
Jennings
Okafor?

As of today.

I agree with targeting a big but also I think it is easy to discount the work that our players do in the off-season. Very excited for Fermin he is not perfect but made a huge leap from his first year. You can see where he needs to improve but that makes me more excited. Hope he is back
I hope Ferm is back too, but as an improved player off the bench.

As far as retaining this year's players - it would not surprise me if we are only able to hold on to 3 or 4. I'm not making any predictions, but nothing would surprise me and I have no idea what to expect.

Potential 24-25 roster- Depending on Okafor- 2 or 3 Scholarships?

Zeb
Max
Nelson
Fats
Bam
Belle
Fermin
Lawal
Wheeler
Jennings
Okafor?

As of today.
I would think we'd have 3-5 new players next season.

The lure of the NIL will pass over and the love of the program and it's place in college basketball, Yeah VCU is a great place to play basketball and go to school.?

I would think we'd have 3-5 new players next season.
Yeah, I'm thinking closer to 5, but not basing it on anything other than playing time and NIL.

Johns had an outside shot. If Tobi develops his, I'll agree with you. We saw him shoot a few threes early in non-conference but I suspect Odom told him to cut it out and get back under the basket. Regardless, I don't want a guy playing the 4 who doesn't have some kind of outside shot. My suspicion is that Belle is our 4 next year, and hopefully his shooting will develop.
Actually....Odom has said that Tobi can both put the ball on the floor and shoot but it wasn't quite ready for this year but I fully expect to see it next year

Odom had to put together a team AND staff on short notice last year. I would bet his target list of players was totally different the minute he got to RVA too.

Has a full offseason, hopefully a full NIL coffer (seriously, even a wink emoji would ease my mind on this one LMAO), and full knowledge of what to expect in the a10 now.

I am fully bought in on the idea of Odom crushing it this off season.

my guess is Zeb and Max will posture uncertainity to encourage VCU to offer them a nice bag for their NIL before we hear a clear decision for either IMHO

Back