2024-25 Roster Look Ahead

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Outgoing Players
Samantha Robinsion- Grad Senior- Out of Eligibility

Sarah Te-Biasu- Transferring to University of Maryland.... Covid year (5th year)

Elze Motekaityte- Trasferring to Gardner-Webb.... Covid Year (5th year)

Currently In The Portal
No one at the moment.

Question Marks
Mykel Parham- Has 1 year left (I believe it's due to the injury she suffered her first year at VCU after Game 2 / Covid year)... one of those was this year, the other is next year, if she chooses to use it. I've heard, she would like to return next year, but nothing official.

Grace Hutson- Currently a R-Jr. but graduated early... has 2 years left if she chooses to use them.

Returning Players Next Year, assuming no one transfers (Year Next Year)
Timaya Lewis-Eutsey- (Junior)
Adebukola Akomolafe- (R- Junior)
Mahaila Harrison- (Sophomore)
Mary-Anna Asare- (Junior)
Valentina Ojeda- (Senior)
Natalia Tondi (Transfer from Florida Southwestern State College)
Zoli Khalil (Sophomore)
Natalia Tondi (Senior)
Deniz Torgut- (R-Sophomore)
Jennifer Ezeh- (R-Senior)
Lucia Sotelo- (Sophomore)

Currently Incoming Recruits
Cyriah Griffin- (Via HS)

Last edited:
So I'm thinking (also hopeful) Mykel returns.... losing her & Sam in the same season would hurt.... but she also was not honored on Senior day, and told me after a game, she hopes to return, as shes got 1 year left.

Elze my guess is she will test the portal, she rarely played a whole lot here. And if she decides she wants to stay in college for one more year, my guess is, she'll wanna go somewhere that she can play more regularly.

Grace.... is an interesting one, she dealt with injuries early in the year that kept her out, and players started jumping ahead of her for playing time... which obviously frustrated her. Also could depend on her Major, if we have her grad program, or if there's another school that has it where she can play. So a lot depends on how the end of season / start of offseason talks go between Coach & Grace.

And then there's.... Sarah. Sarah is an interesting case.... as she could have A LOT of options, all of which could be enticing...

On one hand.... she's pretty much got a spot locked up on her Canadian National Team waiting for her, whenever she finishes college. She could easily go back home to Canada, start playing Pro Ball & be close to her family.

Another option that could be looming, with the transfer portal in full effect, is a P5 comes calling. She just won A10 POY, has almost 1500 career points... and with players entering the Portal left & right, a P5 could come calling for her services, if she enters the portal (hope she doesn't).

And then the final option is staying here at VCU & finishing out her career.... there's a couple reasons imo this could be enticing to her.

1. If she comes back & we run it back with mostly the same squad.... we are gonna be Top 2-3 in terms of pre-season favorites to win the A10. And we're certainly better with her, than without her.

2. She'd probably be a front runner for Player of the Year in the A10.

3. If she comes back..... she's got a VERY GOOD chance of becoming VCU's All Time Leading Scorer (Men or Women)..... Barring any injury, she'll easily finish Top 2 in scoring, and if she has another year like this year.... she'll be right on the heels of passing Courtney Hurt for the school's all time scoring record.

I've already done the math.... which you can see here.

Plus despite her size, rumors are there have been a few WNBA scouts looking at her.... IMO she can increase her stock, by running it back with VCU next year, possibly winning another POY award in the A10 & possibly becoming VCU's all time leading Scorer.

Last edited:
As far as the non seniors.... who knows if they all return or not. I could see a few transferring due to playing time.... but only time will tell.

Assuming it's the same for Men & Women.... the Transfer Portal closes May 1st, so they have to enter before then. Which leaves us about 38 days to wait & see who does & does not enter.

Exactly why it’s hard for me to fully care about college sports anymore or atleast the main ones. Program develops a player into player of the year then boom they leave. It’s why I honestly even question developing players anymore. Were just becoming a farm system

Exactly why it’s hard for me to fully care about college sports anymore or atleast the main ones. Program develops a player into player of the year then boom they leave. It’s why I honestly even question developing players anymore. Were just becoming a farm system

She gave VCU 4 years and wants to test the waters. Can’t blame her for wanting to use her grad year elsewhere.

She gave VCU 4 years and wants to test the waters. Can’t blame her for wanting to use her grad year elsewhere.
Especially with someone of Sarah's talent level. And if she's got aspirations of going to the WNBA.

She's already got a spot locked up on her National team in Canada... but if she wants to play pro... I can't blame her for exploring all her options.

As a diehard fan/supporter of the team.... and someone who considers her a friend & vice versa.... it certainly hurts seeing her leave, but i'm still gonna support her wherever she goes & wish her the best.

So, so far only two in the portal. I know only the A10 POY, but that was somewhat expected. I'm encouraged, like the men, at least our players don't seem to be chomping at the bit to leave.

So, so far only two in the portal. I know only the A10 POY, but that was somewhat expected. I'm encouraged, like the men, at least our players don't seem to be chomping at the bit to leave.
Elze made sense cause she hardly played her entire time here..... Sarah is a bit painful, but as you said, somewhat expected.

Still super curious to where she ends up.

Back