2024-25 Roster Thread

Here we go again. Same format as last year. Hopefully with a little less action the first week. Not making any assumptions about who may be returning until they have either indicated that they are coming back or the portal closes on May 1st. I will edit this post daily if things are changing to keep the most recent info at the top. With that being said let's have a great off season and put together a roster that can win the A10!

2023-24 Roster

Fr. Michael Belle
RS Fr. Fats Billups
RS Fr. Obinnaya Okafor
So. Tobi Lawal
So. Christian Fermin
So. Jason Nelson
Jr. Roosevelt Wheeler
Sr. Max Shulga
Sr. Zeb Jackson
Sr. Connor Odom-Walk On
Sr. Joe Bamisile
Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Out Of Eligibility

Sr. Kuany Kuany
Sr. Sean Bairstow

Recruits Signed

Brandon Jennings

Portal Out

Jason Nelson
Roosevelt Wheeler
Tobi Lawal - VPI
Max Shulga

Portal In

2024-25 Roster

Fr. Brandon Jennings - Signed 11/10/23
5th Yr. Sr. Joe Bamisile - Indicated He Is Returning
5th Yr. Sr. Zeb Jackson - Indicated He Is Returning

3 of 13 Scholarships

Last edited:
D8F3E8A671C457FFAF8F66CA9E0F11E929B78E92

I cannot imagine anyone thinks this process is good for the game. These are no longer ‘student athletes’. They are just employees of the schools that are going to the highest bidder.
It’s really sad.
I guess it's a make money while you can thing.
I have no idea what percentage go on to play overseas of if they are included in these numbers, but...
IMG-5883.jpg

I cannot imagine anyone thinks this process is good for the game. These are no longer ‘student athletes’. They are just employees of the schools that are going to the highest bidder.
It’s really sad.
I'm waiting for a mid-season portal, enabling scholar-athletes to transfer around Jan. 1 between non-conference and conference schedules ... could even be trades, sometimes two for one, like in MLB, NBA and other traditional pro sports. These deals could also involve future scholarships.

I'm waiting for a mid-season portal, enabling scholar-athletes to transfer around Jan. 1 between non-conference and conference schedules ... could even be trades, sometimes two for one, like in MLB, NBA and other traditional pro sports. These deals could also involve future scholarships.
Why not?

Considering all the wheeling and dealing and other shenanigans going in college hoops now, it's interesting to the note the 2010-11 Final Four Rams did it on the up and up ... all the contributing players were "Rams lifers" with exception of Skeen, who sat out a full season after transferring from Wake. Should VCU ever be among the last four standing again, consider all the comings and goings, HI's and By's, that would lead to it.

I think you're going to see a tightening of the transfer portal in some way...4 year scholarships guaranteed by schools, and 1 freebie transfer portal where you're eligible right away. After that, you'll have to sit a year. That would surely survive a rule of reason analysis. The problem is the NCAA just hasn't been proactive enough to keep this from being a free for all.

I think you're going to see a tightening of the transfer portal in some way...4 year scholarships guaranteed by schools, and 1 freebie transfer portal where you're eligible right away. After that, you'll have to sit a year. That would surely survive a rule of reason analysis. The problem is the NCAA just hasn't been proactive enough to keep this from being a free for all.
this depends entirely on (a) a stake in the heart of the claim that players are employees or (b) congressional action. Right now the impressive losing streak the NCAA is racking up prevents them from any agreement restricting player movement.

Back