2024 NCAA Tourney Talk

Also opening Day of MLB.... and the Dodgers had an early game today.

Unsubstantiated reports suggest Ohtani's new translator stole some of his boss' bubblegum and Gatorade .... and perhaps a set of batting gloves. Investigation underway.

Anyone have Clemson going to the Elite 8? Anyone? Buehler?

Hurley and UConn are going to win this tournament again and I hate it.
I was really hoping SDSU was going to put up a fight and possibly pull off the upset but that’s not looking likely at all.

Hurley and UConn are going to win this tournament again and I hate it.

I hear you, and agree that Hurley isn’t exactly likable.

But I tell you what, he’s doing a fantastic job getting his guys to buy in and play team ball. Stephon Castle is a potential one and done who is an absolute defensive menace. He’s sacrificed scoring to shut down the opposition’s best scorers.

Watching UConn play, everyone is in their place, no hero ball, egos set aside. They know their roles and win. Just look at Kentucky and their freshman playing defense. It’s pathetic. These last couple UConn teams have been flat out beautiful to watch.

I know it’s not a popular take to give Hurley credit on this forum, but he deserves it.

I hear you, and agree that Hurley isn’t exactly likable.

But I tell you what, he’s doing a fantastic job getting his guys to buy in and play team ball. Stephon Castle is a potential one and done who is an absolute defensive menace. He’s sacrificed scoring to shut down the opposition’s best scorers.

Watching UConn play, everyone is in their place, no hero ball, egos set aside. They know their roles and win. Just look at Kentucky and their freshman playing defense. It’s pathetic. These last couple UConn teams have been flat out beautiful to watch.

I know it’s not a popular take to give Hurley credit on this forum, but he deserves it.
Maybe he should give Bobby a few pointers

Hurley is OCD, clearly. He's like rain man coaching, except meaner. Attention to detail and everybody has a role. His public demeanor aside, I think his players love him. When he was at URI, I watched him walk off the court and under the tunnel at the SC (after a lose) with his arms around (I forget the name of the player the had a season ending injury that year) and the player had is arms around Hurley. Sometime you can tell by a look how someone feels, it was genuine. Would love to see him and Shaka play for a NC.

Back