22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Sure it's super Early... but the Nat'l Champ. is over. Might as well get it started. So if ya'll see any games for next year go ahead & drop em in.

Out of Conference Opponents
Manhattan
(0-0)- November 7th
Morgan State (0-0)- November 12th
Arizona St.* (0-0)- Legends Classic- November 16th
???- Legends Classic (Michigan / Pittsburgh)- November 17th
@ Memphis- November 20th
Kennesaw State (0-0).... November 26th
Vanderbilt (0-0).... November 30th
@ Temple (0-0).... December 3rd
Jacksonville (0-0).... December 7th
Howard (0-0).... December 11th
Radford (0-0).... December 14th
Northern Illinois- December 17th
Navy- December 21st

Conference Opponents
La Salle
(0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Duquesne (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Davidson x2 (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Loyola-Chicago (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Dayton x2 (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
UMass (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Richmond x2 (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
George Mason (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
St. Bonaventure (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Saint Louis x2 (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Rhode Island (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Fordham (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
Saint Joseph's (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)
George Washington (0-0) (0-0 in A-10)

Non Conference Opponent Record: 0-0
Conference Opponent Record: 0-0 (0-0 in conference play)
Combined Overall Record: 0-0

Also just for future reference....

Last edited:
IIRC the home Penn State game should be happening as well (since it was canceled this past season due to COVID) but I'm not 100% sure of that.

IIRC the home Penn State game should be happening as well (since it was canceled this past season due to COVID) but I'm not 100% sure of that.
yeah Idk... I mean the @ LSU game didn't get re-scheduled from the year before... so who knows.

yeah Idk... I mean the @ LSU game didn't get re-scheduled from the year before... so who knows.
That was a different circumstance, though (part of Wade's contract), I'm pretty sure LSU bought us out of the second game.

I recall hearing that LSU did *not* pay VCU to eliminate that game. Instead, after the initial date was canceled due to COVID, LSU offered multiple dates for the rescheduled game that there was no way VCU could do. So, they weaseled out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casse-toi Tigers!!!

I recall hearing that LSU did *not* pay VCU to eliminate that game. Instead, after the initial date was canceled due to COVID, LSU offered multiple dates for the rescheduled game that there was no way VCU could do. So, they weaseled out.

The reason the home/home clause is put in every VCU head coach contract is more for the opportunity to bring a P5 school to the Stu, which is very difficult to do. LSU honored that portion of the contract. The game at LSU was more on VCU not finding acceptable replacement dates than it was on LSU. If anything, VCU walked away from that return game, not LSU.

espn's Way Too Early Top 25 has Dayton AND SLU in....so already looking like a nice bounceback year for the A10 WITH a bunch of new, solid coaching hires.

Rothstein also has Davidson in his early top 45, but no VCU. The A-10 is going to be tough next year, and who knows what Loyola will bring to the table next year. Right now, I would place VCU at pre-season #3 or #4 in the A-10 next year.

With the addition of Loyola-Chicago.... I'm interested to see how the conference schedule will look. Are we still doing 18 game conference seasons? If so that means we will only play 4 teams twice.... versus 5... presumably Richmond, GMU & Idk who the other 2 would be... Dayton & Davidson?

Back