A-10 NCAA Net Rankings

What is your NCSOS measure and why is it so different from Kenpom. I am confused by this stuff

H=12γGijklπijπkl−γ(3)R=0
4320fa006395d4a96bc08849d14cc0a7cc180b3f

where γ=det(γij)
0309f69f9e5a5d139bf5d5d4471a9c7bcb312e18
and Gijkl=(γikγjl+γilγjk−γijγkl)
bb7dafda78da95406429c2ca54ac393983e6f8ac

Hope this helps:shock:

Due to odu and Charleston losing to crappy teams VCU drops from 45 to 51. odu is not going to help matters so VCU is gonna have to basically run the table in conference play. Both of those losses hurt but.......too late now.

This may not be the right thread for this, but I thought this article was topical:

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/01/lsus-will-wade-on-the-net-rankings-their-formula-is-wrong.html
"Wade also said that he believes the formula as it stands hurts schools in power conferences.

"If I was still at VCU where we were in the Atlantic 10 and you got the best team, your efficiencies are going to be better because you’re just not playing (as difficult of teams)."

Nicest thing he's ever said about VCU, and it comes when he is @LSU. It is almost, kinda, a compliment. Sorta.

Reactions: SWV
"Wade also said that he believes the formula as it stands hurts schools in power conferences.

"If I was still at VCU where we were in the Atlantic 10 and you got the best team, your efficiencies are going to be better because you’re just not playing (as difficult of teams)."

Nicest thing he's ever said about VCU, and it comes when he is @LSU. It is almost, kinda, a compliment. Sorta.
He's an a$$.

Due to odu and Charleston losing to crappy teams VCU drops from 45 to 51. odu is not going to help matters so VCU is gonna have to basically run the table in conference play. Both of those losses hurt but.......too late now.

I don't think this is true. VCU is basically in good shape if they stay below 9 losses, so long as those losses are to the likes of Davidson, Dayton, at Rhody, etc and not Richmond or GW.

I don't think this is true. VCU is basically in good shape if they stay below 9 losses, so long as those losses are to the likes of Davidson, Dayton, at Rhody, etc and not Richmond or GW.
Nice to hear. What is your assessment of what VCU needs to do from here on out to get in? Obviously, someone will say, JUST WIN but in regards to the profile since you are a bracketologist.

Nice to hear. What is your assessment of what VCU needs to do from here on out to get in? Obviously, someone will say, JUST WIN but in regards to the profile since you are a bracketologist.

I think they need to go 15-3 in the A10 and win at least one game in the A10 tournament. Also, the next two games (@Davidson and Dayton at the Stu) are crucial. If VCU wins both, that provides some breathing room down the stretch.

I don't disagree with him on the efficiency argument expect that he conveniently did mention how the heaviest weighted part favors P5 schools. While teams in one bid conferences do have a chance to pick up points in the efficiency area. They loose point in TVI every game they play in conference. Now if they loose on the road that just further hurts them. Now if you believe the 6,7, or 8the team in a p5 conference should be better positioned for the dance than say a team from a 1 bid league that may have won the regular season but lost their tournament, then WW argue is valid but if you think a top tier team in any league should have a chance, I think this is the closes looking metric yet.

Disclaimer: Because all of the algorithm is not available, my opinion is speculation based on what I have been able to figure.

I think they need to go 15-3 in the A10 and win at least one game in the A10 tournament. Also, the next two games (@Davidson and Dayton at the Stu) are crucial. If VCU wins both, that provides some breathing room down the stretch.
I don't know about "crucial" in the sense that we have to have both, but of we get both, it definitely puts us in really good position early

Back