Band Days 2017: Givin' Northern Schools the Blues

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
Howdy Ramnation,
It's that time of year again to sign up the kiddies for our annual High School & Alumni and Middle School Band Days.

This year, we'll be hosting High School & Alumni Band day first on Saturday December 16th as our Men's Basketball Team takes on Bucknell where we show 'em that the only thing a Bison is good for is a burger.

More information can be found on the sign up form located here:
High School Band Day

Then, in a bit of a twist, we'll be hosting Middle School Band Day on Monday, December 18th as our Women's Basketball Team takes on Coppin State where we roast these birds. The reason we're holding it on a Monday is that the Women's team didn't have a single weekend game (since their home opener) until January, and the 18th is after the local schools are on winter break.

More info for this gig can be found in our sign up form located here:
Middle School Band Day

We will have a couple of drum sets that the kids can trade off on, but it is best to bring your own instruments, as we don't exactly have any to lend out.

Lunch for both of these gigs will be provided (Pizza) as well as a T-Shirt (XL)

If you have any questions, the two forms may be able to answer them, but please feel free to contact the band at: [email protected]

I hope to see you, and your kids there!

VCU - Go Rams GO!!!

We're just a little over a few weeks until our band days, so don't hesitate and sign up now for this amazing event!

We can't make it this year (exam week), but I'll put in a plug for the event. My oldest plays trumpet and attended Middle School Band Day a few years ago. She had a blast, came back printing off music left and right, and became instrumental (pun intended) in pushing her small Catholic school band to be more Peppa-like at sporting events back at home. If you are a parent of a kid with some degree of interest in band, this is a great event. I can't thank the Peppas enough.

I have a special request...could the peppas please play "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".
I doubt we could get it written up in time for band day, but I'll suggest it for the future since that is a fun song for the band to play. We do have about a dozen and a half songs that we have charted but haven't even had the chance to crack into yet with our super busy fall schedule (it's a good thing, our fall sports programs have had exceptional success this year).

We'll be debuting one of the new charts during HS Band Day. It's a classic and should be fun (and a surprise ;)

Good Morning Ram Nation!

We're just a week away from Middle School Band Day, and even less for High School & Alumni Band Day. If you haven't signed up yet the time is now!!!

Just 2 days until High School and Alumni Band Day. If you haven't done so sign up now so we can have an accurate head count for ordering Pizza. Registration will be at Harris Hall across from the Student Commons.

Back